Marvel's The Inhumans

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

ABC, IMAX and Marvel Television also intend to work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series across their proprietary media platforms--which would be the first such cross-platform marketing launch of a television series. Today’s agreement also marks IMAX’s first time as a financing participant in a TV pilot and series.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

“This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic,” said IMAX CEO, Rich Gelfond. “It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”.
Last edited by SilverHeart on February 9th, 2017, 3:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

New Marvel thread? I should probably be grateful.

m4st4 wrote:New Marvel thread? I should probably be grateful.
You're getting a bit tiresome, m4.

didich wrote:
It was innocent this time. I'm tired of starting up anything.

m4st4 wrote:
didich wrote:
It was innocent this time. I'm tired of starting up anything.
What do you mean? I'm confused right now. :lol: Ah. Joke. Get it now. M'kay.

didich wrote:What do you mean? I'm confused right now. :lol:
Meaning I honestly posted that without thinking if anyone would be ofended by it or whatever. Just posted... moved on. I really don't care about Marvel's The Inhumans. Do you?

m4st4 wrote:
didich wrote:What do you mean? I'm confused right now. :lol:
Meaning I honestly posted that without thinking if anyone would be ofended by it or whatever. Just posted... moved on. I really don't care about Marvel's The Inhumans. Do you?
Don't know who they are. I read they're basically X-Men 2.0 so, for the moment, no.

Apparently the film is (or at least was at some point going to be) influenced by Game of Thrones:
Marvel's Kevin Feige has been talking up The Inhumans as a possible upcoming movie for a few years now, alongside the equally cosmic Guardians of the Galaxy. Now that Guardians is going ahead, there are new rumors that we could be seeing a big-screen version of the saga about a weird alien clan.

According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel is going ahead with a new Inhumans comic written by Matt Fraction (Hawkeye), in which the aliens split into different houses around the Inhuman Royal Family — like the House of Medusa, the House of Maximus, and so on. There's feuding and scheming, and it's designed to be like Marvel's answer to Game of Thrones. And according to Bleeding Cool, this could be the version of the characters that gets turned into a movie.
http://io9.com/rumor-marvel-planning-in ... -470545119

Vin Diesel just posted this:

So I take it this basically confirms that he's Black Bolt.