Page 14 of 223

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 3:38 pm
by oracle86
ChrisTilford wrote:http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33662/ ... -westworld
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... tvs-728698

This is gonna be fun! Look at your own discretion...
:o No wonder HBO bought this. This is so unique that they just had to ignore the unspoken rule of producing everything in-house.

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 3:40 pm
by ChrisTilford
oracle86 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33662/ ... -westworld
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... tvs-728698

This is gonna be fun! Look at your own discretion...
:o No wonder HBO bought this. This is so unique that they just had to ignore the unspoken rule of producing everything in-house.
They broke it first with The Leftovers (least on the drama front), which is also from Warner Brothers. Go where the strong material is...

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 3:48 pm
by oracle86
ChrisTilford wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33662/ ... -westworld
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... tvs-728698

This is gonna be fun! Look at your own discretion...
:o No wonder HBO bought this. This is so unique that they just had to ignore the unspoken rule of producing everything in-house.
They broke it first with The Leftovers (least on the drama front), which is also from Warner Brothers. Go where the strong material is...
Oh yeah, forgot about that. :facepalm: And anyway, since HBO and Warner Bros. Television are owned by the same conglomerate (Time Warner), it is still relatively in-house. :)

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 7:15 pm
by theseeker9175
oracle86 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote: They broke it first with The Leftovers (least on the drama front), which is also from Warner Brothers. Go where the strong material is...
Oh yeah, forgot about that. :facepalm: And anyway, since HBO and Warner Bros. Television are owned by the same conglomerate (Time Warner), it is still relatively in-house. :)
Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 11:17 pm
by ChrisTilford
theseeker9175 wrote: Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).
CBS/Paramount only produced Season 3.

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 11:20 pm
by theseeker9175
ChrisTilford wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote: Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).
CBS/Paramount only produced Season 3. It certainly didn't start in-house, but it did accomplish something no other studio did at the time.
Still, Paramount produced the first two seasons before the CBS/ParTV merger, so both companies are pretty much the same.

Changing of topic, I didn't know Steven Ogg was in this. Now my interest in this has bumped a lot.

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 29th, 2014, 11:25 pm
by ChrisTilford
theseeker9175 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote: Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).
CBS/Paramount only produced Season 3. It certainly didn't start in-house, but it did accomplish something no other studio did at the time.
Still, Paramount produced the first two seasons before the CBS/ParTV merger, so both companies are pretty much the same.

Changing of topic, I didn't know Steven Ogg was in this. Now my interest in this has bumped a lot.
:facepalm: Should've read that carefully when I was confirming that. Thanks for clarifying. Wonder why The Leftovers was hyped that way about being the first to have outside backing, when there was this already.

Regarding Steven Ogg, he even also starred in the third season premiere of Nolan's Person of Interest. Total blink-and-miss cameo in a bar scene.

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 30th, 2014, 12:17 am
by Pratham
ChrisTilford wrote:http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33662/ ... -westworld
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... tvs-728698

This is gonna be fun! Look at your own discretion...
Is Jonah taking clues from Whedon? I am not complaining. :twothumbsup:

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 30th, 2014, 12:20 am
by Allstar
Pratham wrote:Is Jonah taking clues from Whedon? I am not complaining. :twothumbsup:
I would not be surprised in the slightest considering these comments-

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... 7e0N0jhRI2

Re: HBO's Westworld

Posted: August 30th, 2014, 12:41 am
by TalkOnCorners
Will Jonah be directing some of the episodes?