Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Those two idiots in the lab have to be hosts. There's no way they are this stupid as humans.

Actually, never mind, it is entirely possibly they are humans.
Episode had some really great moments. Bernard and Ford are probably my favorite ones, but I think this was the weakest episode of the season so far. Penultimate and Finale need to seriously fill in the blanks, there's way more questions than answers.

Quite sad to see Evan Rachel Wood being wasted like that.

She stole the pilot and was kinda established as the lead and she's turned into a
supporting character in MIB flashbacks/backstory

Regardless of our reactions here, the episode has been overall very well received.£

Master Virgo wrote:Regardless of our reactions here, the episode has been overall very well received.£
I liked it a lot outside of the dumb employees.

Master Virgo wrote:Regardless of our reactions here, the episode has been overall very well received.£
it received a poor review by Sepinwall who's one of the most notable TV critics in the history of the medium, and AVClub wasn't over the moon about it either.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
I liked it a lot outside of the dumb employees.
Same. I'm also not crazy about them killing off Elsie. She was a really cool character, one of the most interesting and they shouldn't have just killed her. Even if they bring her back as a host it wont feel the same to me

Speaking of the lack of likeable human characters....maybe the point of the show is that decent people would not engage in the kind of excess that the park allows for in terms of human behaviour. Who wants to be in a simulation of a real-life carnage and perpetrate some of the horrible shit other than a profound asshole? And who would want to make money on that other than an asshole?

Batfan175 clearly doesn't know about GTA. :P
Maeve manipulating other hosts wasn't as awesome as I wanted it to be. :(
Someone should tell Jonah that handwaves are not bad. Otherwise, stupid stuff becomes distracting and fans start complaining and explaining.

It feels like there's some reveal about why Felix and Sylvester helped Maeve but why is it being saved it till the end? Last 3 episodes had stuff that just made me go "what the fuck? why the fuck?" and not in a good way.

Anyway, here's a clever shitpost.

Whoa.

Batfan175 wrote:Speaking of the lack of likeable human characters....maybe the point of the show is that decent people would not engage in the kind of excess that the park allows for in terms of human behaviour. Who wants to be in a simulation of a real-life carnage and perpetrate some of the horrible shit other than a profound asshole? And who would want to make money on that other than an asshole?
Lol what about the staff? Is it a requirement to be a dick to get the job as well?
Elsie had the potential, and while they technically didn't show us her body, she's probably dead and gonna get replaced, so everyone's gonna be busy trying to figure out if she's a host in the next season or something. Was kinda hoping for her to be that one staff insider who at leas tries to figure shit out and doesn't instantly end up dead. And I don't want to latch onto Stubbs either, because he seems alright, but he's next. Dead or a synth replacement, if he isn't already :lol: :lol: