Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

ChrisTilford wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33662/ ... -westworld
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... tvs-728698

This is gonna be fun! Look at your own discretion...
:o No wonder HBO bought this. This is so unique that they just had to ignore the unspoken rule of producing everything in-house.
They broke it first with The Leftovers (least on the drama front), which is also from Warner Brothers. Go where the strong material is...
Oh yeah, forgot about that. :facepalm: And anyway, since HBO and Warner Bros. Television are owned by the same conglomerate (Time Warner), it is still relatively in-house. :)

oracle86 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote: They broke it first with The Leftovers (least on the drama front), which is also from Warner Brothers. Go where the strong material is...
Oh yeah, forgot about that. :facepalm: And anyway, since HBO and Warner Bros. Television are owned by the same conglomerate (Time Warner), it is still relatively in-house. :)
Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).

theseeker9175 wrote: Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).
CBS/Paramount only produced Season 3.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on August 29th, 2014, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisTilford wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote: Don't forget Deadwood, which was produced by CBS/Paramount. Now that series really wasn't produced in-house (even by a sister company (WBTV)).
CBS/Paramount only produced Season 3. It certainly didn't start in-house, but it did accomplish something no other studio did at the time.
Still, Paramount produced the first two seasons before the CBS/ParTV merger, so both companies are pretty much the same.

Changing of topic, I didn't know Steven Ogg was in this. Now my interest in this has bumped a lot.

theseeker9175 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:
CBS/Paramount only produced Season 3. It certainly didn't start in-house, but it did accomplish something no other studio did at the time.
Still, Paramount produced the first two seasons before the CBS/ParTV merger, so both companies are pretty much the same.

Changing of topic, I didn't know Steven Ogg was in this. Now my interest in this has bumped a lot.
:facepalm: Should've read that carefully when I was confirming that. Thanks for clarifying. Wonder why The Leftovers was hyped that way about being the first to have outside backing, when there was this already.

Regarding Steven Ogg, he even also starred in the third season premiere of Nolan's Person of Interest. Total blink-and-miss cameo in a bar scene.

Will Jonah be directing some of the episodes?