Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
June 20th, 2018, 4:49 am
jacobj wrote:
June 20th, 2018, 4:38 am
antovolk wrote:
June 19th, 2018, 3:54 pm
Loved the finale. Not the best of the season, that is still Joy's Ep 4, it's a bit too traditional blockbuster finale esque (everyone gets their due etc etc) BUT the stuff that goes down really goes down, the scale is huge. No spoilers because they've basically begged us not to

Something great that Nolan and Joy said at the Q&A is looking at WW like a film franchise with each season as one film, with satisfying endings and hints for the future.
Can you tell us how long the episode is?
90 minutes
NICE thankyou, looking foward to it 8-)

Just saw E09 and honestly this is one of my favorites of the season. It's very well directed and acted, but we get yet another episode that doesn't really push the overall narrative that much onwards, which makes me slightly worried for the finale.

Ed Harris definitely deserves recognition for this show.

Regarding Dolores and Teddy
I've not been a huge fan of their story so far this season, and I gotta say I liked Dolores better in season 1 (even though Evan Rachel Wood hates everyone who thinks that way). Which is why I really liked the end of this episode. A great way to go for Teddy, and a reality check for the Dolores train that has just been going on non-stop for nine episodes in a row.

Fuck you, Ford. Fuck you.
That line is still stuck in my mind. The way Ed Harris delivered that line was superb.

10th posted
Sanchez wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 7:37 am
Just saw E09 and honestly this is one of my favorites of the season. It's very well directed and acted, but we get yet another episode that doesn't really push the overall narrative that much onwards, which makes me slightly worried for the finale.

Ed Harris definitely deserves recognition for this show.

Regarding Dolores and Teddy
I've not been a huge fan of their story so far this season, and I gotta say I liked Dolores better in season 1 (even though Evan Rachel Wood hates everyone who thinks that way). Which is why I really liked the end of this episode. A great way to go for Teddy, and a reality check for the Dolores train that has just been going on non-stop for nine episodes in a row.

This show stinks.

The fuck was that. Someone please explain. I was following just fine until the final few minutes and the after-credit scene.

Anyway, i need the Season 2 Soundtrack now.

WW has become an entertaining, fascinating, frustrating, completely incoherent mess that chooses storytelling devices for asinine reasons. Was it ever not those things? I don't know that either.

Killing Eve is (by far) the best season of television in 2018. WW S2 isn't even close.

-Vader

While I loved the story this season, it was this episode which should've been better directed to make it a more satisfying end. I was not expecting them to go this far when I saw the end of season 1, but they did.

Overall, it had some great performances, great episodes (especially the ones which focused on fewer characters) and all around great production value, holy shit.

Cannot wait to see what season 3 will bring, it's bound to be very different that's for sure.