Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
'Twas good, but these bottle standalone character episodes in an extremely plotty show just doesn't work.

It's not The Leftovers and it looks like they're trying to be, but in an incredibly weird narrative mess.

The season is a failure overall imo

Absolutely loved the episode. But the pacing of this season is definitely weird. There are two episodes left, I really hope they can pull off a great ending.

Phenomenal episode. Akecheta is my new hero. Actor who played him was amazing.
This and fourth episode are the best of this season.
I think that the last two will be on the same level, if not better.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 11:40 am
'Twas good, but these bottle standalone character episodes in an extremely plotty show just doesn't work.

It's not The Leftovers and it looks like they're trying to be, but in an incredibly weird narrative mess.

The season is a failure overall imo
Well, with this many standalone episodes can we really say that this show is only trying to focus on plot? It seems like the people who like to make theories, who try to predict what happens next and try to decipher clues have given those hints and clues, and the entire mystery really, more weight than they actually have in terms of the role they occupy in this show. Maybe there is also more to be gained from a show that is not just about plot and the 'mystery' but that devotes time to explore those characters. Does that mean the pacing is off to some viewers? Sure, but the show is still in its early stages and maybe 5 or 6 seasons from now (if the show stays around that long) it may have morphed into a completely different show altogether. It happens.

Tragic.

Havoc1st wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 11:14 pm
Tragic.
Happy Father's Day for real

Forum Pro
Law
Ed Harris competing with Zahn McClarnon for the Emmy's.

Law wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 12:12 am
Ed Harris competing with Zahn McClarnon for the Emmy's.
Yup.

Bring on the finale tomorrow on the big screen

Emotional, moving, good episode.
Ed Harris deserves an Oscar from today performance. Wish Academy could open to TV shows.

fuckk