Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm still unsure where I stand on this show. It's riveting whenever Hopkins shows up and gives a masterclass in acting but other than that I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode. Also, the lack of interesting visuals is limiting the potential of the show. The compositions and use of coverage is uninspired. A classic JJ Abrams production.

MyCocaine wrote:Also, the lack of interesting visuals is limiting the potential of the show. The compositions and use of coverage is uninspired.
:lol: :lol: :lol: good jok... wait, you're serious? :blank:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A statement from Jonah and Lisa, regarding the renewal.
We’re thrilled that the saga of Westworld will continue for another season. During the lengthy journey to the screen, our incredibly talented actors, staff and crew became a family, and we look forward to the privilege of continuing this experience with them. We’re also thankful to all of our amazing partners at HBO, WBTV and Bad Robot for their steadfast support, imagination and ambition. We simply couldn’t have made this show anywhere else.
Freshmen shows next year have a lot to live up to. Have quite a few on my list already: Legion (FX); American Gods & Counterpart (Starz; though I'm not completely sure if the latter will launch next year); A.P.B. & 24: Legacy(FOX); Iron Fist, Defenders, The OA, & Altered Carbon (Netflix; fingers crossed on the last one premiering in 2017 as well); The Mist (Spike); Emerald City (NBC); and The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu). Also looking forward to this Brazilian sci-fi project on Netflix called 3%, which premieres in ten days.

And if it clicks, there's also Jonah, Lisa, & Greg Plageman's Control, which might hit FOX next season.

Now that TV's looking to get into using larger film formats, albeit digitally (Alexa 65 for Altered Carbon, & IMAX for The Inhumans), be sweet if this show does it the old-fashioned way.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on November 20th, 2016, 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MyCocaine wrote: Also, the lack of interesting visuals is limiting the potential of the show. The compositions and use of coverage is uninspired.
First part, fair enough. Second part, no.

As I said I don't find it particular impressive. Massive potential, poorly executed.

Watch a John Ford film and be inspired and don't shoot it like a TV-show.

Episode 7 scored 1.75 million viewers, and even had an uptick in the demo to 0.8.

While this might be true that the storylines are not moving forward fast enough, the character development, the expansion of the world and the elaboration of ideas are more than filling the gap. Excluding the two strangely retarded lab scientists and some issues regarding the logic of the park, this series is still gravely intriguing wherever it's not exceptional.£