Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ComptonTerry wrote:Yeah but in Videogames the guys you're shooting at or whatever are usually for whatever reason " bad guys". I guess maybe not in multiplayer stuff but still the AI is 1000 times more primitive and obviously isn't aware and doesn't feel anything.

totes bad guys
don't mind me just being pedantic

Nice piece on what got Jonah into writing. Based on your interpretation, there might be a giveaway about the
dual timeline thing.

meh :( im usually really good at handling "non-action", simple character and story development, but this show does it so boringly it gets frankly quite hard to watch.

maeve reminds me of memento

This is really becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. I get whiffs of Memento, Inception, and obviously some sweet western stuff.

Well, i didn't expect that from Ford. Anyway, not as good as last 3 episodes. Still a good episode though. And oh, Dolores' theme is so good.
Teddy didn't die. That's a plot twist itself.
Sandy wrote: I get whiffs of Memento, Inception, and obviously some sweet western stuff.
Yeah same.
Last edited by Havoc1st on October 24th, 2016, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havoc1st wrote:Well, i didn't expect that from Ford. Anyway, not as good as last 3 episodes. Still a good episode though. And oh, Dolores' theme is so good.
Sandy wrote: I get whiffs of Memento, Inception, and obviously some sweet western stuff.
Yeah same.
Not as good as the first 3 episodes? I'll bite.
Maeve's whole arc throughout the episode was awesome. The line about the man in black being a good guy in real life? We've been waiting for a clue on him for a month now. Those two things, among others I'll give you the right not to like. But the scene with Sir Anthony Hopkins and the woman (don't know her name off the top of my head but she's great actress)at the restaurant. My God, that was one of the greatest scenes IMO I've seen in anything in a long time. When it whole place starts shaking and Sir Hopkins reveals his powers...fuckin a.

Oh shit, this is going to get real good.
Sandy wrote:Not as good as the first 3 episodes? I'll bite.
Maeve's whole arc throughout the episode was awesome. The line about the man in black being a good guy in real life? We've been waiting for a clue on him for a month now. Those two things, among others I'll give you the right not to like. But the scene with Sir Anthony Hopkins and the woman (don't know her name off the top of my head but she's great actress)at the restaurant. My God, that was one of the greatest scenes IMO I've seen in anything in a long time. When it whole place starts shaking and Sir Hopkins reveals his powers...fuckin a.
I just wasn't as engaged with this episode like the other episodes. But i won't deny that the Ford scene and the ending of Maeve's arc was really good, and i like where the other characters' arc arc are heading.

Probably the 2nd best episode after the pilot. Loved it all, continues firing on all sorts of cyllinders. Oddly, for a show so hyped and with this level of production value the actual filmmaking is consistently the worst thing about it. The scripts, themes, ideas, etc are all amazing.

-Vader

Maybe I missed something but uh
why would they just leave a bullet in her?