The Book Thief (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
While subjected to the horrors of WWII Germany, young Liesel finds solace by stealing books and sharing them with others. Under the stairs in her home, a Jewish refuge is being sheltered by her adoptive parents.

Ooh lala. I'm not going to watch the trailer just yet. Just started reading the book.

anepicmoviereviewer wrote:
While subjected to the horrors of WWII Germany, young Liesel finds solace by stealing books and sharing them with others. Under the stairs in her home, a Jewish refuge is being sheltered by her adoptive parents.
Not quite sure how I feel about this. I read the book maybe three, four years ago? It's absolutely fantastic and incredibly impactful, but this looks like it could go wrong very easily.

This film is being scored by none other than John Williams!

Not bad of a poster.... :thumbup:

WHAT?! Why am I just now finding out about this?This book is by far one of my favorites.. I do not see how they are going to make this into a movie considering how complex and uniquely this book was written.. the beginning pages blew me away.. The Angel of Death is the narrator..it truly is incredible.. love this book!

the_red_ninja wrote:Ooh lala. I'm not going to watch the trailer just yet. Just started reading the book.

the_red_ninja wrote:Ooh lala. I'm not going to watch the trailer just yet. Just started reading the book.
and?