Fargo (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Billy Bob Thornton has been tapped to lead the network’s upcoming limited series adaptation of the feature film Fargo. Writers/directors Joel and Ethan Cohen are involved as executive producers, and FX has announced that Thornton will play Lorne Malvo, “the rootless, manipulative man who meets a small-town insurance salesman and sets him on a path of destruction.” The 10-episode series will feature a new “true crime” story and new characters, but Thornton’s role is similar to the one Steve Buscemi played in the 1996 Coen brothers film.

Novelist/writer Noah Hawley wrote all 10 episodes of the series, and production is set to begin in Canada this fall in anticipation of a spring premiere on FX.
This could possibly be interesting.

Thoughts?

DoubleD wrote:
Billy Bob Thornton has been tapped to lead the network’s upcoming limited series adaptation of the feature film Fargo. Writers/directors Joel and Ethan Cohen are involved as executive producers, and FX has announced that Thornton will play Lorne Malvo, “the rootless, manipulative man who meets a small-town insurance salesman and sets him on a path of destruction.” The 10-episode series will feature a new “true crime” story and new characters, but Thornton’s role is similar to the one Steve Buscemi played in the 1996 Coen brothers film.

Novelist/writer Noah Hawley wrote all 10 episodes of the series, and production is set to begin in Canada this fall in anticipation of a spring premiere on FX.
This could possibly be interesting.

Thoughts?
I also think it could be interesting. I'm glad it's not a direct sequel or anything with the same characters. That would be stupid.

First trailer

No replies? I loved the opening episode, did justice to the movie. Freeman did his accent really well.

elemunt wrote:No replies? I loved the opening episode, did justice to the movie. Freeman did his accent really well.
I loved the first episode as well. Excited for tonight's episode.

Reddit AMA schedule.

Shows shaping up really nicely, starting to get some character development on everyone too. Watching Freeman slowly lose his mind is magical.

Anyone know what the scene was meant to signify in E2 when the cop was watching the woman undress in the window next door?

elemunt wrote:Shows shaping up really nicely, starting to get some character development on everyone too. Watching Freeman slowly lose his mind is magical.

Anyone know what the scene was meant to signify in E2 when the cop was watching the woman undress in the window next door?
It maybe that
he is looking for a girlfriend. What is occuring with him and Molly seems to show that.