Fargo (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ep. 1 was interesting enough. Hoping it's as good as Season 1, but I'm skeptical.

Solid first episode, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully it'll continue in the same way.

3 episodes in and this season is as brilliant as the first one. Surprised that there isn't much attention from people here.

Panapaok wrote:3 episodes in and this season is as brilliant as the first one. Surprised that there isn't much attention from people here.
It's honestly not getting much attention from anybody right now. I caught up, it's pretty great.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:3 episodes in and this season is as brilliant as the first one. Surprised that there isn't much attention from people here.
It's honestly not getting much attention from anybody right now. I caught up, it's pretty great.

-Vader
True. And it's quite frustrating since it's pretty much firing on all cylinders. Top notch writing, directing and acting.

Yeah the first season is great and it has been off to a great start this season. FX's programming in general has gotten very solid over the last few years. It's not on a HBO level but I'd put it right up there with AMC for quality.

Addicted2Movies wrote:Yeah the first season is great and it has been off to a great start this season. FX's programming in general has gotten very solid over the last few years. It's not on a HBO level but I'd put it right up there with AMC for quality.
FX's programming has been good for more than just the last few years. The Shield, the first few seasons of Nip/Tuck, It's Always Sunny and Rescue Me. It's been good for a while.

bootsy wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:Yeah the first season is great and it has been off to a great start this season. FX's programming in general has gotten very solid over the last few years. It's not on a HBO level but I'd put it right up there with AMC for quality.
FX's programming has been good for more than just the last few years. The Shield, the first few seasons of Nip/Tuck, It's Always Sunny and Rescue Me. It's been good for a while.
I like how you didn't include FX's crown jewel.

FX Renews 'Fargo' for a Third Installment
Creator Noah Hawley will again tackle the crime anthology, one in a growing number of projects at the cable network.

Noah Hawley's FX dance card is getting awfully full. The prolific showrunner, currently under an overall deal with FX Productions, is now set to tackle a third season of his critically cherished Fargo.

The cable network announced the order Monday, as the series heads into the second half of its sophomore run. It comes as little surprise. The first go of Fargo earned 18 Emmy nominations and three wins. And the second season currently ranks as the most-acclaimed series of 2015, per review aggregate Metacritic, averaging a score of 96 out of 100.

Loosely based on the Joel and Ethan Coen's landmark 1996 film of the same name, Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions and executive produced by Hawley, the Coens, Warren Littlefield and John Cameron.

"Year two of Fargo is an extraordinary achievement and, given Noah Hawley’s masterful storytelling, we can’t wait to see where the third, all-new version of Fargo takes us," Schrier said along with FX Networks and FX Productions president of programming Eric Schrier, who announced the pickup alongside fellow president Nick Grad. "Our thanks to Noah, Warren, Joel and Ethan, John and our partners at MGM Television for making Fargo such a memorable and rewarding journey."

Not the ratings juggernaut that other FX fare has been, like fellow anthology American Horror Story, Fargo does seem to have a very steady and stable audience. The most recent episode averaged 2.6 million viewers, more than 1 million of them adults 18-49, in live-plus-three day returns.

Hawley has his hands full at FX. In addition to the expected return of Fargo, he is also adapting Kurt Vonnegut novel Cat's Cradle as a limited series and a TV pilot based on Marvel comic Legion. This comes as Hawley approaches the end of his 26 Keys shingle's two-year overall deal with the network.

Fargo's original season won Emmys for casting, directing and outstanding miniseries. THR's Tim Goodman praised this season, calling it "a riveting and entertaining dark comedy spectacle."