Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Finally saw it. Good film. Didn't got one thing
He shot the guy in the back of his head when he found the dead boy. How did he explained that? He couldn't have went with self-protection…
The story was good, solid (Monaghan) to good (Affleck) to great (Amy Ryan) acting. Directing of Ben was good too. But I think they should've went a bit deeper with the emotions although it did work.

7,9/10

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Rodriguez & Miller, 2014

While I don't think think it's much less than it's predecessor, it's terribly misogynistic and has a third act that could put a baby to sleep. Of the three stories (Green & Brolin, Levitt & Boothe, Alba & Boothe), Green and Brolin's is the only one that's interesting. Luckily, it occupies most of the film. It's a terribly sexist story, but it's crafted in a visually intoxicating (hey Eva wassup gurl) way, and has a sort of neat noir throwback of a story.

Thoughts on JGL and his story?

BlairCo wrote:Thoughts on JGL and his story?
I think his story serves better as an independent short than as a supplement to the narrative. It doesn't provide us with any new information as it related to the larger stories, and his character is entirely irrelevant to it. It is a good story on it's own terms, though.

Titanic - 10/10

Now, when I say Titanic is a 10/10 film, I don't mean it's flawless (it certainly has its fair share of flaws). What I mean is that I personally find it to be a perfect movie-watching experience for myself. I feel that this is one of the few films that is able to transcend the feeling of just "watching a movie" and becomes something much, much more. It truly feels like you're experiencing something so much greater.

Watching Titanic for the first time is a memory of mine that I'll never forget. I was around 8 at the time, and me and my family were watching it on VHS in the living room. Going into it, I didn't think I'd care for it that much. I heard all the hype and the audience reviews regarding it, but at the time I was more of a Star Wars/Batman kid. But then I sat down and watched it... and I was absolutely mesmerized.

Never before had I been so emotionally impacted by a film. At time I was swept away with joy, and others, I was moved by sadness, doing everything I could to not cry in front of my family. At that age my favorite characters were people like The Joker, and Darth Vader, so I was surprised that I found a new favorite in Jack Dawson. He was a truly inspiring figure for a kid like me.

After the movie was over, I was in awe of what I had just seen. I was too embarrassed to watch the movie again with my family knowing, fearing that they'd make fun of me for watching a chick-flick. So the night after I snuck downstairs during the middle of the night and watched it again. Needless to say, I let them tears flow hard.

So yeah, that's my rant about how much I love Titanic. You don't like it? Well then..

Come at me!

You did give If I Stay a 9/10...

11072014 wrote:You did give If I Stay a 9/10...
I was just about to type up the same thing. :lol:

If I Stay 9/10, Titanic 10/10

2001: A Space Odyssey and Citizen Kane? Lol overrated hack jobs.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for chick-flicks. ;)

Still haven't seen The Notebook yet. I own the dvd, just haven't gotten around to watching it though.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
What can I say? I'm a sucker for chick-flicks. ;)

Still haven't seen The Notebook yet. I own the dvd, just haven't gotten around to watching it though.
Do yourself a favor and don't.