Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
BlairCo wrote: Be whatever you wanna be. I am not the decider of your emotions.
Which is why I'm keeping it at a rare (for me) 10. ;) :lol:
I enjoy how you're contradicting yourself.

BlairCo wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
BlairCo wrote: Be whatever you wanna be. I am not the decider of your emotions.
Which is why I'm keeping it at a rare (for me) 10. ;) :lol:
I enjoy how you're contradicting yourself.
I enjoy how you seem to have kind of missed the fact that I was joking about changing the rating because you pointed out a discrepancy between it and my very mini, fangirl-originated review. :lol: If I was writing a proper review (exhibit A: the one I wrote for its sequel), I would have put XI as a 9.5, but right now, I'm still on a slight high from watching my favourite film, therefore it's not going to get such a precise, more critical marking.

Eh...at least I'm not getting judged for it being my favourite film, which I thought I'd get called out on. :thumbup:
Last edited by MikaHaeli8 on July 29th, 2013, 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I caught what was probably about the first third of Star Trek on TV the other day and it was pretty refreshing to see a blockbuster with such a tight narrative, clarity of character, and a genuine sense of fun. Even the sequel, while not quite as strong, is the best big release of the year in my book.

Run Fat Boy Run
7/10

Simon was great. Amazing soundtrack too. Lots of fun.

George wrote:I caught what was probably about the first third of Star Trek on TV the other day and it was pretty refreshing to see a blockbuster with such a tight narrative, clarity of character, and a genuine sense of fun. Even the sequel, while not quite as strong, is the best big release of the year in my book.
Fully agree with you. I just love how engaging, moving and funny XI remains after four years, endless parodies and countless rewatches. Whilst I know Into Darkness may not quite weather the same way, if it at least gets halfway there, I'll be a happy lady.

Mika, I was just messing with you.

DoubleD wrote:Watched both Spring Breakers and Identity Thief over the weekend. Needless to say, neither will make my Top 10 list this year.
It's only needless to say if you literally missed the entire point of Spring Breakers, which most seemingly did.

Alberto wrote:Image

Fantastic. One of the best films I've seen recently.

Chris Stuckman did a great review of this. I understand he is a huge fanboy, but I genuinely enjoy his opinion.

Need to check this out! ;)

Lincoln - 8.7/10
The first half was disappointing, but the second half more than makes up for it.

Bacon wrote:Lincoln - 8.7/10
The first half was disappointing, but the second half more than makes up for it.
:facepalm: