Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Burn After Reading

Third viewing, first in at least a few years. I understand the rejection to this film to an extent, but I think it's one of the Coens best pure comedies. Its not close to Lebowski but I enjoy this a lot more than Raising Arizona, a film I've never got the love over myself. I think it's a great parody of a Spy Thriller and has several great moments. Also, Brad Pitt plays a great idiot.

Halloween (2007)

Second full viewing (seen bits and pecies on TV a few times though). Zombie does a very good job setting the the psychology behind Micheal, it's taken very seriously and very well done, but the rest of the film is very generic. The female teenage characters are annoying and suck! (Though I'm not sure I can say they don't feel like real peopl because I knew many girls in my rich white suburban high school with about as much depth...) All the actors suck except McDowell, who seems to genuinely try and care. I'll give the young kid Myers some points too for being kinda creepy and not some bs kid actor. Everyone and Everything else is just pretty lame. It'a definitely Zombies most generic. I enjoy House of 1000 Corpses and even more The Devils Rejects. I haven't seen the 2009 sequel (or LoS), I hear from some its really improved and feels more like a Zombie film with his distinct style and with better characterization. I seems to have a cult that likes it quite a lot. I'll have to check it out soon.

Something about Halloween being serious seems wrong. Like eating a book wrong.

Halloween II by Rob Zombie dou... probably my favorite Halloween movie. Everything. Just. Clicks. From the brutal opening, it's his nightmare entirely... Director's Cut I believe is the only version anyone should watch.

The Legend Of Drunken Master-Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Last edited by Havoc1st on February 4th, 2015, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ComptonTerry wrote:Burn After Reading

Third viewing, first in at least a few years. I understand the rejection to this film to an extent, but I think it's one of the Coens best pure comedies. Its not close to Lebowski but I enjoy this a lot more than Raising Arizona, a film I've never got the love over myself. I think it's a great parody of a Spy Thriller and has several great moments. Also, Brad Pitt plays a great idiot.
I love both BAR and Arizona. Hell I even like The Lady Killers. Crazy dark comic style of Coens is among the very rare stuff from American comedy cinema that my mind can bind a connection with. Otherwise I'm all for the British comedy. The Hangover and Bridesmaids for example did almost nothing for me.£

Master Virgo wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Burn After Reading

I love both BAR and Arizona. Hell I even like The Lady Killers. Crazy dark comic style of Coens is among the very rare stuff from American comedy cinema that my mind can bind a connection with. Otherwise I'm all for the British comedy. The Hangover and Bridesmaids for example did almost nothing for me.£
Yeah The Hangover was always a bad joke to me too. The first one is wayy overrated and nothing memorable, and I had no reason to bother with the sequels. Never saw Bridesmaids but it don't seem like my thing either. I really like Burn After Reading, it's a top 7 Coen film to me. Raising Arizona didn't work for me. It's been a while since I saw it, and I only saw it once, so I'm not gonna try and go into much detail it just didn't click. It's something I'll probably give second chance in time, just because it's the Coen Bros.

A Most Violent Year

Great film with two powerhouse performances. The film is extremely well crafted even if some decisions make the viewer ponder on reality like Vader mentioned. I wish the ending packed a bigger punch, but at the same time cant really knock the execution. How Chastain wasn't nommed blows my mind, she is perfection in this and its one of her best. Issac is incredible as well, he continues to get better.

The Emperor's New Groove

I truly believe this is one of the best animated films Disney has churned out, if only because of the perfect voice casting (Eartha Kitt and David Spade are just fantastic in this) and clever comedic writing. Aside from the comedy itself which is simultaneously childish and mature, as well as a combination of slapstick and meta humor it's one of the few Disney animations that humanizes the villains to a delightfully amusing degree. It's full of really smart anachronistic comedy, which is something that has traditionally worked really well in Disney films.

Cilogy wrote:The Emperor's New Groove

I truly believe this is one of the best animated films Disney has churned out, if only because of the perfect voice casting (Eartha Kitt and David Spade are just fantastic in this) and clever comedic writing. Aside from the comedy itself which is simultaneously childish and mature, as well as a combination of slapstick and meta humor it's one of the few Disney animations that humanizes the villains to a delightfully amusing degree. It's full of really smart anachronistic comedy, which is something that has traditionally worked really well in Disney films.
good shit Cil this movie is like my childhood
Last edited by TehBatGetsBraked on February 5th, 2015, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.