Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:Black Mass

It was alright. Kind of dull, nothing particularly noteworthy happens but Depp is genuinely creepy as hell in it. The film felt like it was building up to something but then it just sort of "ends". Also, what the fuck kind of accent was Cumberbatch doing? That was the worst bastardization of the Boston accent since Leo in The Departed.
Black Mass was a bit too methodical for my taste, but Depp and Edgerton made it worth the price of admission.

Last time i watched Ant-Man movie. I love this movie. This is best movie of this year.

Rebootkid wrote:Last time i watched Ant-Man movie. I love this movie. This is best movie of this year.
:|

ChristNolan wrote: That was the worst bastardization of the Boston accent since Leo in The Departed.
Or Leo in Gangs of New York

cassm wrote:
ChristNolan wrote: That was the worst bastardization of the Boston accent since Leo in The Departed.
Yes, Leo did a Boston accent in Gangs of New York. :facepalm:

Aside from a few hiccups with his accent in the Departed Leo is brilliant. Same goes for Shutter Island.

Allstar wrote:
cassm wrote:
Yes, Leo did a Boston accent in Gangs of New York. :facepalm:
Meant to specify the bastardization of an accent bit not specifically the Boston accent. Oops :lol:

About Elly - Well that wrecked me.

Mr. Farhadi is quickly becoming my favorite storyteller.

Ex_Machina
Alex Garland - Domhnall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander, Oscar Isaac
★★★★

I finally got this on Blu-ray, without haven't watched it before, and after watching it last night, I certainly don't regret getting it. It's immensely smart in it's exploration of AI, giving myself a second thought on the themes I've become so familiar with. It feels like a bottle film when it's really not at all, but the way the film makes everything feel so small while there are so many stakes that are high makes it every more so nail-biting. The acting was impeccable too from everyone; there was really no standout because it was just an incredible ensemble of only three main characters. Alex Garland has become an exciting new name to look out for now.

BlairCo wrote:Image
Ex_Machina
Alex Garland - Domhnall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander, Oscar Isaac
★★★★

I finally got this on Blu-ray, without haven't watched it before, and after watching it last night, I certainly don't regret getting it. It's immensely smart in it's exploration of AI, giving myself a second thought on the themes I've become so familiar with. It feels like a bottle film when it's really not at all, but the way the film makes everything feel so small while there are so many stakes that are high makes it every more so nail-biting. The acting was impeccable too from everyone; there was really no standout because it was just an incredible ensemble of only three main characters. Alex Garland has become an exciting new name to look out for now.
Could not agree more, in particular with the part I bolded. I feel Gleeson's performance has been somewhat under looked.