Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
your grandma's a cool cat

The Brothers Bloom

This was pretty good. Very good direction from Johnson, even if it did start to lose me a lil in the middle. Maybe it's because I was just tired. A lot of twists and turns, which was both good and bad in that the twists that were done well were rad but it sometimes made it hard to follow. Ending was pretty great though. I particularly liked Mark Ruffalos preformance and character. Probably the highlight for me tbh.

John Wick - 8/10

I don't know if many people here shared the same opinion, but this revenge thriller was waaaay better than the Equalizer. It was way more focused, didn't have the awful side plots like the worker that wanted to be a cop. The action is way better, even if it gets a little too much in the end. Still, a surprisingly solid action film.

PowerDump wrote:John Wick - 8/10

I don't know if many people here shared the same opinion, but this revenge thriller was waaaay better than the Equalizer. It was way more focused, didn't have the awful side plots like the worker that wanted to be a cop. The action is way better, even if it gets a little too much in the end. Still, a surprisingly solid action film.
:lol:

The Hurricane
Denzel, 'nuff said.

I've been on a slew of terrible sex comedies that were the shit when I was in grade/middle school. The American Pie series, Not Another Teen Movie, A Haunted House 2 (basically Scary Movie)... I blame vodka.

And Brendan going too far in our bondage sesh on Friday. Pretty sure he gave me brain damage.

I'm surprised I'm saying it, but American Pie (the first one only) is pretty good. It's so damn fleet that it hardly feels like you watched anything and it's over like that, which is the ideal experience for such films.

The Immigrant

Cotillard and Phoenix are superb in this. I dunno what else to say beyond that and that it was a really solid film overall.

Didn't love the film but Cotillard was perfect. Renner was impressive also.
Cotillard and Phoenix's work in their final scene together was incredible. So sad and beautiful.

Good acting showcase at the very least.

The Last Stand
My guilty pleasure.