Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:gonna be shooting a short on 16 mil o jesus
have you shot film before?

8mm a few years ago but not in context of a production. basically need to learn from scratch lol

i shot 16mm B&W reversal this semester for a class last semester and i loved it

trying to get something together for my sophomore final that i can shoot on color negative but we'll see. that introduces having to understand the color temperature and stuff which is daunting to me. on a digital camera, it's not that hard to get proper WB lol

but yeah, in my limited experience i don't think it's that much more difficult, honestly. i basically shot the same way i would if i was doing it digitally except we rehearsed takes more, and i was taking light readings instead of just going off the monitor

i'm sure it'll be fine and i'm pretty stoked on learning it it just creates many more tasks

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i'm sure it'll be fine and i'm pretty stoked on learning it it just creates many more tasks
just point the fuckin lens in the direction you want the picture to be you goddamned moron

Yea but then you gotta like pull the liquid emulsifying lever and crank the flux capacitor and shit

nelson season 2 wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i'm sure it'll be fine and i'm pretty stoked on learning it it just creates many more tasks
just point the fuckin lens in the direction you want the picture to be you goddamned moron
dis

Slightly been depressed recently (not clinically but in terms of mood) so I convinced my parents to hurry up and get a dog for the family and we found 2 dogs at the shelter we're interested in but we've got reservations about each. Hopefully we get one tomorrow.

Bacon wrote:Slightly been depressed recently (not clinically but in terms of mood) so I convinced my parents to hurry up and get a dog for the family and we found 2 dogs at the shelter we're interested in but we've got reservations about each. Hopefully we get one tomorrow.
get them both :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

If our house wasn't a mess/if we weren't so inclined to hoard stuff everywhere and if my family wasn't lazy, I'd agree with you.

Either way I'm really hoping this dog helps with how I've been feeling recently.