X-Force (20??)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Reynolds said he specifically is trying to get this happening now, and with Deadpool possibly about to make more money domestically than every past X-Men film I don't think he'll encounter much resistance. I'd be surprised if they don't announce it at/by SDCC this year.

I would rather have an X-Force movie than a Cable/Deadpool movie.

darthnazgul wrote:I would rather have an X-Force movie than a Cable/Deadpool movie.
duh.

Wouldn't it be the same thing? Just give Deadpool a co-lead role with Cable, or the lead role. Would be incredible if Jackman would sign on lol, kind of a pity Munn is stuck in the 80s too ;)

Deadpool confirmed by Reese and Wernick:
"We will have a hand in it. I think everything that ‘Deadpool’ is involved in we will have a hand in and it’s a universe that Ryan [Reynolds] and us are very close to and very protective of, so I do think we would absolutely involved in that franchise as well. If it’s Deadpool related, I think you’ll see some of our fingerprints on that."
I wonder if we'll get this outfit:

Deadpool just became the highest grossing R-Rated film ever.

So real talk: possibility of a billion for this? Depending on who the other team members are that could definitely be in play.

SilverHeart wrote:Deadpool just became the highest grossing R-Rated film ever.

So real talk: possibility of a billion for this? Depending on who the other team members are that could definitely be in play.
Depends heavily on how they market it, but that could also be very damaging. They'll probably make the most money by making it look like "Deadpool 2: X-Force" but he's not supposed to be the focus of such a team.

Then again, Fox made Wolverine the main character for four X-Men movies.

Kinberg:
"We are working hard on New Mutants, Gambit with Channing Tatum, Deadpool 2 and the new X-Force movie where Deadpool is alongside Cable and other main characters. Deadpool 2 is going into production this year. Then X-Force which is a combination of Deadpool, and Cable –they’re like the Black ops of the X-Men. They’re much darker and have an R-rated decibel. There are other X-Men characters coming into X-Force at different times in the comic, but it’s separate from X-Men.

There is a larger architecture to tell these stories in. I talk to the studio all the time about this and there is a plan for how these movies can connect and be a part of a larger narrative. It’s something that’s fun, exciting and it will be interesting to see how we marry the different tones that we’ve been generating in these standalone movies of the X-Men universe. But we go into making the best movie we can. It’s not just about a Colossus or Deadpool cameo. Connecting all of these movies will happen when it organically makes sense. These movies aren’t simply being built as stepping stones to a larger story. Each one is wholly enclosed and a movie worth seeing."
Hope they bring Psylocke into X-Force

Logan spoiler:
andLaura!

Fox has set Drew Goddard to write and direct X-Force, the X-Men spinoff film that revolves around Deadpool and Cable leading a Black Ops force of down and dirty mutant warriors who are far more ruthless than their X-Men counterparts. Kinberg, Ryan Reynolds and Lauren Shuler Donner are producing. Goddard is next directing for Fox Bad Times at the El Royale with Chris Hemsworth and Jeff Bridges, but he has already cracked the script and will roll right into X-Force when he is finished.
http://deadline.com/2017/09/x-force-dre ... 202163706/

This exactly how you do it. Deadpool -> Deadpool 2 w/ Cable -> X-Force with them leading the cast.