General Television Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Denzel Washington announced he will produce 10 of Pulitzer prize-winning playwright August Wilson's works in a deal with HBO.

Washington mentioned the deal on Friday night to audiences at An Evening With Denzel Washington & Dr. Todd Boyd Friday night at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.

"He did 10 plays. I'm directing and producing and acting in one (Fences) and I've been given the opportunity by the August Wilson estate. I'm executive producing the other nine. I made a deal with HBO."

Washington starred in the broadway version of Fences with Viola Davis. He also mentioned that Davis will star in the adaptation of the Fences play for HBO.

Washington added: "I'm going to do one a year for the next nine years. I'm really excited that they put it in my hands."

Wilson's ten plays were collectively called the August Wilson Century Cycle, documenting the African American experience in the 20th century.

The event was presented as part of the series Arts & Ideas: Conversations at the Wallis where Washington serves as an artistic advisor.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ce=twitter

Angie Tribeca is absolute gold.

YES! Top Of The Lake will be back and Elizabeth Moss will be in it too! The debut season was easily one of the best shows that year. Really hope that Adam Arkapaw will be back to lens it too, but that he's too high profile, it may not be possible.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... e-season-2

kanjisheik wrote:YES! Top Of The Lake will be back and Elizabeth Moss will be in it too! The debut season was easily one of the best shows that year. Really hope that Adam Arkapaw will be back to lens it too, but that he's too high profile, it may not be possible.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... e-season-2
I never imagined it was even intended to continue past one season.

If they can manage to avoid an almost entirely nihilistic message, I'd welcome it.

-Cilogy

Broad City and Girls starting up this week

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Broad City and Girls starting up this week

Omg Adam Driver on teevee :D . They should rename the show "Adam Sackler".

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Broad City and Girls starting up this week

watched a couple episodes of 'Love' on netflix and it's really great (but full disclosure i'm a judd apatow fanbot)

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:watched a couple episodes of 'Love' on netflix and it's really great (but full disclosure i'm a judd apatow fanbot)
Gillian Jacobs makes me warm