General Television Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thank God for TV this year

Anybody watching Peaky Blinders? Not yet decided which show I'm gonna watch soon, like to being with Bloodline as well.

Nomis wrote:Anybody watching Peaky Blinders? Not yet decided which show I'm gonna watch soon, like to being with Bloodline as well.
It's awesome. Season 3 wasn't at the level at the first two I thought, but still damn good.

Even Penny Dreadful disappointed me, what a wreckage of a finale.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Nomis wrote:Anybody watching Peaky Blinders? Not yet decided which show I'm gonna watch soon, like to being with Bloodline as well.
It's awesome. Season 3 wasn't at the level at the first two I thought, but still damn good.
Good. Watching third season of Borgen atm

Following up her directorial debut “A Tale Of Love And Darkness,” which hits theaters this month, and her upcoming Oscar contender “Jackie,” Natalie Portman is eyeing the small screen and is set to star in the HBO mystery miniseries “We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves.” The project is based on Karen Joy Fowler’s award-winning novel of the same name and is being developed by “Friends” and “Grace and Frankie” showrunner Marta Kaufman and her production company Okay Goodnight.

The story is being described as a “twist-heavy tale” and centers around university student Rosemary Cooke, whose twin sister unexpectedly disappeared at the age of 5. “Temple Grandin” screenwriter Christopher Monger will pen the adaptation, while Gideon Raff of “Homeland” is already on board as an executive producer. Further plot details are being kept under wraps.

HBO is currently airing the acclaimed miniseries “The Night Of” on Sundays at 9pm. Portman next hits the screen in her directorial debut on August 19.
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/08/natali ... 201713556/

There's this horror show called Dead of Summer which is quite interesting. Kind of a tribute to the teenage summer camp horror subgenre.

kanjisheik wrote:There's this horror show called Dead of Summer which is quite interesting. Kind of a tribute to the teenage summer camp horror subgenre.
It's on my list of new stuff I've been watching this summer.

Is anyone here watching Roadies? It's alright, by Cameron Crowe's standards, and if you like music, you might appreciate it even more. Plus, it's nice to have a drama that tries to be a bit whimsical/optimistic eventhough it doesn't succeed all the time. (Yes, I'm already missing The Good Wife).

kanjisheik wrote:Is anyone here watching Roadies? It's alright, by Cameron Crowe's standards, and if you like music, you might appreciate it even more. Plus, it's nice to have a drama that tries to be a bit whimsical/optimistic eventhough it doesn't succeed all the time. (Yes, I'm already missing The Good Wife).
I'm loving Roadies. Not that I watch it as it releases, it's a chill show to watch in the middle of the week. And the music is definitely a plus.