FOX's Wayward Pines

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Poster reminds me of Twin Peaks.

anepicmoviereviewer wrote:Poster reminds me of Twin Peaks.
Trailer also (a little bit)

Chad Hodge hasn't really done anything substantial before this - The Playboy Club was a dud. Now that FOX has put in a lot of effort into this show, he'll probably get crucified if it bombs.

The pilot episode (Where Paradise is Home) aired last thursday.
Who saw it?

I did. I thought the first episode was promissing. It certainly did not blow me off my seat, but it's more of a slow start. I know a lot of you guys are not going to like it, but that's okay. Right now it looks like some sort of creepy/suspenseful Trueman Show, although the pilot hints towards something more supernatural, hidden in The Pines.

I'll be watching the rest of this, but what are your thoughts?

Erik wrote:The pilot episode (Where Paradise is Home) aired last thursday.
Who saw it?

I did. I thought the first episode was promissing. It certainly did not blow me off my seat, but it's more of a slow start. I know a lot of you guys are not going to like it, but that's okay. Right now it looks like some sort of creepy/suspenseful Truman Show, although the pilot hints towards something more supernatural, hidden in The Pines.

I have it recorded and will probably watch it today or tommorow. Looks good.

M. Night Shyamalan on His New Mind-Bending Thriller Series

The new Fox series Wayward Pines is an intense, mind-bending, 10-episode event thriller, in which Secret Service Agent Ethan Burke (Matt Dillon) drives to the town of Wayward Pines, Idaho to search for two missing federal agents, and mysteries within the town pile up, making Burke wonder whether he’ll ever make it home again. Based on Blake Crouch’s international best-selling series of books and brought to life by executive producer by M. Night Shyamalan, who directed the pilot, the show also stars Reed Diamond, Tim Griffin, Carla Gugino, Terrence Howard, Toby Jones, Melissa Leo, Juliette Lewis, Shannyn Sossamon and Charlie Tahan.

During this exclusive interview with Collider, M. Night Shyamalan talked about why Wayward Pines struck him in a way that other TV pilots hadn’t, the extraordinary premise and great screenplay that he had to work with, learning how to put the right writers’ room together for a TV series, the inspiration he gets from David Lynch, putting together a cast of actors who are such grounded craftsmen, and keeping the reveals of a story secret.
http://collider.com/m-night-shyamalan-t ... le-sequel/
come on guys show some love.

this is a mini-series right?

thrice wrote:this is a mini-series right?
I thought so, yes.

Erik wrote:The pilot episode (Where Paradise is Home) aired last thursday.
Who saw it?

I did. I thought the first episode was promissing. It certainly did not blow me off my seat, but it's more of a slow start. I know a lot of you guys are not going to like it, but that's okay. Right now it looks like some sort of creepy/suspenseful Trueman Show, although the pilot hints towards something more supernatural, hidden in The Pines.

Just watched it. It was okay. I'm curious how it's all going to play out and what exactly is going on in the Pines.

I'll stick around for now. Hopefully the pace picks up a little though.