Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
1. Henry Cavill
2. Kevin Costner
3. Michael Shannon
4. Russell Crowe
5. Antje Traue
6. Amy Adams
7. Diane Lane
6. Ayelet Zurer
7. Lawrence Fisburne

I'm gonna give an honorable mention to Rebecca Buller, because she actually impressed me with her very brief scenes, particularly when she is trapped under that rubble.

BlairCo wrote:1. Henry Cavill
2. Kevin Costner
3. Michael Shannon
4. Russell Crowe
5. Antje Traue
6. Amy Adams
7. Diane Lane
6. Ayelet Zurer
7. Lawrence Fisburne

I'm gonna give an honorable mention to Rebecca Buller, because she actually impressed me with her very brief scenes, particularly when she is trapped under that rubble.
Damn we're on like the same brainwave dude

what if we're the same person

omg

Bacon wrote:
This is superior to everything in the Man of Steel soundtrack.

Whoever gave this film less than a 7 needs to quit watching movies. I'm serious lol.

RIFA wrote:8.7

Whoever gave this film less than a 7 needs to quit watching movies. I'm serious lol.
Coral RIFA rises :clap:

Joeyjojo72 wrote:I think most people were predicting 650-700 million at the end of the day. Probably closer to 650.
$520,360,000

Movie still has to open in markets and just 2 weeks past in the US/EU... 650 looks like a damn guarantee...

I'll soon write a review for this. Going to see this tuesday for second time.

Right now, movie sits at 8.7 but it might climb. Can't wait to demolish the majority of critics who, without a shame, pummeled the film with nonsensical complaints that should have been attributed to movies like Iron Man 3 and Avengers as well. Not to mention, the on-going comparisons with TDK trilogy without even taking in consideration the history of Superman and how different that is to Batman.

Superman doesn't require a fifth of the Batman complexity to not only succeed but also be great. Superman is not even about complexity. It's about kick-assery at the highest level. It's about man's aspirations to be more than he is, and not in the Batman way. It's about an unseen spectacle and so far, the story provided in Man of Steel is by far, the most elaborate story of Supes' origin. In the comics this story was always typical and rushed, same in movies, same in cartoons. And I fully agree that that IMDB post is one of the most retarded things I've read in a while.

RIFA wrote: And I fully agree that that IMDB post is one of the most retarded things I've read in a while.
While I still need to see it at least one more time to write a full review and am leaning towards more positive comments on lots of issues I have, IMDb post is definitely not what you call ''the most retarded things you've red'' - that's called exaggerating.