Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
xWhereAmI? wrote:Also, I want to know (Because from what I have read it doesnt seem like it) if the critics understand this is a reboot and retelling not a sequel to the Donner films?
I think the main complaint is not that they don't understand its a reboot, but that it's all spectacle with excessive action scenes to the point that it becomes like any other generic loud Hollywood blockbuster.

Okay and back to fresh. The world can be at peace

I noticed when looking at lets say TDKR that many reviews come in months later. Some even a year

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:CAn you elaborate on Shannon/Zod?
Zod was written as a man born to do what is necessary to make sure Krypton survives (even if it means extinguishing other races), and that's all for his character really, nothing more than that, Shannon was good with this role(with his calm and controlled demeanor since he was the military general of Krypton), but compared to others that i mentioned, well he didn't really stood out

I was lurking this site since the beginning of TDKR production and just now i registered because i cant believe the way some of you are responding to RT ratings, i mean does these 100 people have to decide for the whole world if the movie is bad??? It is same with everything else these days there are people who tells us what to eat, what to do, and now what movies to watch, just like some government plan for making mindless drones from its own people, do as we tell you blah blah blah. Starting from tomorrow the world will start to judge, will they accept it or reject it and it will be the world and not just the point of view of 100 people.

agentmi5 wrote:I was lurking this site since the beginning of TDKR production and just now i registered because i cant believe the way some of you are responding to RT ratings, i mean does these 100 people have to decide for the whole world if the movie is bad??? It is same with everything else these days there are people who tells us what to eat, what to do, and now what movies to watch, just like some government plan for making mindless drones from its own people, do as we tell you blah blah blah. Starting from tomorrow the world will start to judge, will they accept it or reject it and it will be the world and not just the point of view of 100 people.
Reading newspapers, I still see a lot of negative reaction to the movie. It's not just RT.
Even if it is a commercial success, it will just go into the Transformers tier, bad movies that make a ton of money.

User reviews on imdb are giving it 8's and 9's and alot of 10's too

MusicBox wrote:User reviews on imdb are giving it 8's and 9's and alot of 10's too
Well by golly

MoSFAN1998 wrote:
agentmi5 wrote:I was lurking this site since the beginning of TDKR production and just now i registered because i cant believe the way some of you are responding to RT ratings, i mean does these 100 people have to decide for the whole world if the movie is bad??? It is same with everything else these days there are people who tells us what to eat, what to do, and now what movies to watch, just like some government plan for making mindless drones from its own people, do as we tell you blah blah blah. Starting from tomorrow the world will start to judge, will they accept it or reject it and it will be the world and not just the point of view of 100 people.
Reading newspapers, I still see a lot of negative reaction to the movie. It's not just RT.
Even if it is a commercial success, it will just go into the Transformers tier, bad movies that make a ton of money.

Okay its not nearly close to Transformers level of bad. Have you see the movie? I have heard really good things from people I know who got to see it early. One of them hates superman and loved it

MusicBox wrote:User reviews on imdb are giving it 8's and 9's and alot of 10's too
IMDB gives Transformers 2 a 5.9

Thats all well and good, but its still definitely not a good sign. Im still seeing it this weekend, and I suspect I will enjoy it despite its faults, but my expectations are even lower than they were when Snyder was named director.

If Cavill is good, and the action is "next level" then I'll be satisfied.