Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:I have a feeling now the people that see it who are still excited or a little bit less now are going to over analyze it and pick it apart or look for bad things

And this movie isnt going to fail. Lol. Its going to make a lot of money good or bad. I dont know where you guys got that idea from. and from the fans word of mouth it will make more because the fans are LOVING it
How many rationalizations are you going to make for the disappointing critical reaction?
I am basically making the same one over and over again.

Just got back. Great movie. Will write more thoughts tommorow. Will say now that It lived up to the hype and is potentially the beginning of a great franchise.
Last edited by anepicmoviereviewer on June 13th, 2013, 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WOW that was really fucking good.

Rating: VERY STRONG A

Will write the full review l8r

Just posted my short first impressions in the http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... ead#unread thread

It's almost 4 in the morning. I just got back from the midnight screening. Can't sleep. Guess Ill be doing a little review then. Here goes:

First of all. It's a good action film. The storyline is pretty straightforward, not really that Nolan'esque (which is understandable since a 'story by' credit can pretty much just be half a sheet of paper of a general outline)
Shannon and Crowe did a great job! By far my favorite performances in the film. Cavill was a fine Superman - he did his part.

The first part of the film which takes place on Krypton is amazing! I would watch an entire film with just that place! Great special effects as well!

I feel like the film got a little weak in the second half. It was a lot of Superman flying around from place to place saving people and fucking shit up. Which brings me to my next point. SHIT GETS FUCKED UP IN THE FILM! DAMN!
Minor spoilers:
The amount of city Superman and Zod just destroys in the combat is a bit extreme. Skycrapers are falling over everywhere, we are talking tens of thousands of deaths... if it wasn't a comic book film ;)
I think the problem I had with the second half of the film isn't as much a issue with the film, as it is an issue with the character Superman itself. Because of his incredible super human powers, it just get's a bit silly at times. When you've seen superman getting punched through a building ten times - it gets a bit old. And you never really see him at his low points. The only place he really feels vulnerable - it's just easily skipped over and doesn't last for more than five minutes.

Overall impression:
I liked the film for what It was, a good action film. I was a bit disappointed with the mediocrity of the story. It was pretty much a 'something happens' and then you just accept it kinda story. It's a good action film, but it's not in the Dark Knight Trilogy kinda of league. at all.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:WOW that was really fucking good.

Please do it now. I need a review I can trust.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
Allstar wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:I have a feeling now the people that see it who are still excited or a little bit less now are going to over analyze it and pick it apart or look for bad things

And this movie isnt going to fail. Lol. Its going to make a lot of money good or bad. I dont know where you guys got that idea from. and from the fans word of mouth it will make more because the fans are LOVING it
How many rationalizations are you going to make for the disappointing critical reaction?
I am basically making the same one over and over again.
I know and it is getting repetitive. Just stop making excuses, I do not think critics went into this film biased. It had a lot of positive hype going in. Just see the film for yourself before you attack the critics.

It was good but a few things left me disappointed. I still need to think about my score though.

Quick thoughts. Terrific. RT scores don't mean shit.

I'll post more thoughts later. It's storming like a sun of a bitch here.

Absolutely satisfying every way. A

Bacon wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:WOW that was really fucking good.

Please do it now. I need a review I can trust.
A) I can't sorry gimme an hour
B) ur sexy