Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:Image
...I get this reference. :)

MusicBox wrote:As dumb as Thor can be in this movie, he is but a student compared to the mastery of imbecility showcased by the Chitauri aliens. We have an ‘’advanced alien race’’ who has basically shittier war technology than humans and still decides to attack Earth.
The Chitauri were betrayed by their own notions of superiority. Also, the only source of information about Earth they had was Loki, who promised them Earth would be easily subjugated (the Other literally says so in the final scene).
Thedarknight628 wrote:Image
lol This is amazing.

RIFA wrote:I'll soon write a review for this. Going to see this tuesday for second time.

Right now, movie sits at 8.7 but it might climb. Can't wait to demolish the majority of critics who, without a shame, pummeled the film with nonsensical complaints that should have been attributed to movies like Iron Man 3 and Avengers as well. Not to mention, the on-going comparisons with TDK trilogy without even taking in consideration the history of Superman and how different that is to Batman.

Superman doesn't require a fifth of the Batman complexity to not only succeed but also be great. Superman is not even about complexity. It's about kick-assery at the highest level. It's about man's aspirations to be more than he is, and not in the Batman way. It's about an unseen spectacle and so far, the story provided in Man of Steel is by far, the most elaborate story of Supes' origin. In the comics this story was always typical and rushed, same in movies, same in cartoons. And I fully agree that that IMDB post is one of the most retarded things I've read in a while.
In my opinion, with the exception of what it said about TDKR and Nolan in general, the comment is pretty spot on. The script for this was awful, the character development mishandled and butchered (and rushed, in some cases), no interesting character relationships, full of redundancies (how many times do we have to listen to Jor-El and Jonathan make the exact same speech?) and unable to transmit drama due to it's own contradictions (the two most powerful dramatic scenes bleed tension due to scenes preceeding them). This is just my opinion though.

I think the flashbacks affected my perception of what was going on, because Clark would go from one scene to another and it would flashback to something that reminded him of his childhood. I'm glad they used the non-linear method of storyteller, but it was getting to a point where the flashbacks were becoming rather excessive to the storyline. It should have been like Batman Begins when it would go back to the important moments of Bruce's childhood, instead of chopping it into pieces and scattering it all over the film.

It is retarded but w/e. I'll argument my reaction with a written review. Better that way.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Bacon wrote:
This is superior to everything in the Man of Steel soundtrack.
no
The Batman Begins Soundtrack is better than the Man of Steel Soundtrack, that piece included.

BlairCo wrote:I think the flashbacks affected my perception of what was going on, because Clark would go from one scene to another and it would flashback to something that reminded him of his childhood. I'm glad they used the non-linear method of storyteller, but it was getting to a point where the flashbacks were becoming rather excessive to the storyline. It should have been like Batman Begins when it would go back to the important moments of Bruce's childhood, instead of chopping it into pieces and scattering it all over the film.
I totally agree, the flashbacks were one of the few issues I had with the movie and I would have liked it to follow BB more.

ShahrokhSam wrote:Image
fuck yer :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
fuck those clowns

shadow123 wrote:
fuck those clowns

Someone's either blind or dumb. :think:

didich wrote:
shadow123 wrote:
fuck those clowns

Someone's either blind or dumb. :think:
After watching the avengers again a couple days ago I can say they did a better job with the protection of the city but in fairness they were a team and superman was just focusing more on destroying the world engine and stopping zod any way he could. I hope for JL they handle the destruction of a city more like the avengers.