Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's officially rotten.

Someday, one person will actually do DC some justice.
A man can dream though, a man can dream.
Last edited by MoSFAN1998 on June 13th, 2013, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

its not as grey or dark as TDK trilogy, but it doesn't has many humorous moments either, which was the gripe of some critics (maybe Snyder didn't mix it in enough, but that's just me), overall i liked it, and MoS just edge out Star Trek Into Darkness as my top movie of 2013 (but Cumberbatch's villain was slightly better than Shannon though, not because of the acting, but more towards the writing)

the final battle sequence, well, it is as huge as you can expect, and the cinematography during that stretch was superb nontheless

8.5/10 for me

MoSFAN1998 wrote: Someday, one person will actually do DC some justice.
C'mon, there's still your opinion left to take into account. How do you know you're already gonna hate this film?
I mean, there are a number people including myself consider Superman Returns to be already a good Superman film. Also, Avatar has like 83% on RT but I fucking hate that movie with a passion. So all in all, its your opinion that matters. Don't let an RT score get you down just yet.

DreamPolice wrote:
MoSFAN1998 wrote: Someday, one person will actually do DC some justice.
C'mon, there's still your opinion left to take into account. How do you know you're already gonna hate this film?
I mean, there are a number people including myself consider Superman Returns to be already a good Superman film. Also, Avatar has like 83% on RT but I fucking hate that movie with a passion. So all in all, its your opinion that matters. Don't let an RT score get you down just yet.
He's a troll ignore em

Wow I didnt know people could be affected by someone else's opinion THAT much. Just see the movie. Wait for the fan reactions, and if they are the same, then you can fully justify your statements

Also, I want to know (Because from what I have read it doesnt seem like it) if the critics understand this is a reboot and retelling not a sequel to the Donner films?
Last edited by xWhereAmI? on June 13th, 2013, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan_87 wrote:its not as grey or dark as TDK trilogy, but it doesn't has many humorous moments either, which was the gripe of some critics (maybe Snyder didn't mix it in enough, but that's just me), overall i liked it, and MoS just edge out Star Trek Into Darkness as my top movie of 2013 (but Cumberbatch's villain was slightly better than Shannon though, not because of the acting, but more towards the writing)

the final battle sequence, well, it is as huge as you can expect, and the cinematography during that stretch was superb nontheless

8.5/10 for me
What about the performances, any standouts?

cooldued wrote: What about the performances, any standouts?
well, Cavill was the best, Crowe was pretty badass as Jor El, and Costner delivered as Pa Kent, Shannon did the best with the way his character is written, and Amy Adams...well, I don't really liked the way the writers portrayed Lois Lane, so no comment on that lol

CAn you elaborate on Shannon/Zod?

Dan_87 wrote:its not as grey or dark as TDK trilogy, but it doesn't has many humorous moments either, which was the gripe of some critics (maybe Snyder didn't mix it in enough, but that's just me), overall i liked it, and MoS just edge out Star Trek Into Darkness as my top movie of 2013 (but Cumberbatch's villain was slightly better than Shannon though, not because of the acting, but more towards the writing)

8.5/10 for me
Why not post your review in the NF Review thread of the film?