Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:BvS: DoJ would have made more money than Cap 3 anyway, but now it can maximize the amount of money it would make.
I wish I could retweet, like and give you a thumbs up, Bacon.

This will have to suffice... :twothumbsup: :clap: :twothumbsup: :thumbup: :D :gonf:

I never understood this DC vs. Marvel attitude. Unless you have stock in one the companies, why root for one against the other? I love both properties, and am so excited that will have like two movies a year from each.

Along with Sony's expansion of the Spider-verse (which is what I'm assuming they're going to call it since they've been using that name in the comics recently for the big crossover stuff) and the X-Men getting a new breath of fresh air with Singer returning, it'll be nice to see how the inevitable slaughterfest ends.

We thought 2015 would be the big year for franchises. Little did we know it was the start of an even bigger war.

I never said it wasn't. Clearly you missed my point entirely.

Point is, all the companies are going to try hard to get audiences attention, with so many more coming out now. Sony's already delving into their very, very small number of characters to expand with Venom Carnage and whatever the female-led film is (Silver Sable? Black Cat? Spider-Girl?), and with the expanding growth into television, this'll spur creativity and competition. Sort of like how Dreamworks and Disney began working harder to improve their films when Pixar broke out. Some will suck, some will rule, but in the end it's much better that we have a shit ton of competition than one company (primary Marvel/Fox/DC/Sony, etc) playing it safe.

Someone on Boxoffice forums posted this:
Kingsman: The Secret Service - February 13
Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1
Fantastic Four - June 19
Ant-Man - July 17

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25
Captain America 3 - May 6
X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27
Untitled Marvel Movie - July 8
Untitled DC Film - August 5
Sinister Six - November 11

Captain Underpants - January 13
Wolverine 3 - March 3
Untitled Marvel Movie - May 5
Untitled DC Film - June 23
Fantastic Four 2 - July 14
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - July 28
Untitled Marvel Movie - November 3
Untitled DC Film - November 17
Female Spider-Man Spin-Off
Venom Carnage

Untitled DC Film - March 23
Untitled Marvel Movie - May 4
Untitled Marvel Movie - July 6
Untitled Fox/Marvel Movie - July 13
Untitled DC Film - July 27
Untitled Marvel Movie - November 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 3

Untitled DC Film - April 5
Untitled Marvel Movie - May 3
Untitled DC Film - July 14

Untitled DC Film - April 3
Untitled DC Film - June 19
Yeah, all four are going to need to get creative to avoid overblowing the market. ESPECIALLY 2017. Look at that shit!

Ok I've changed my mind. Too many godamned CBMs.

So long as they can introduce more variety in the heroes rather than doing the same ones over and over I think it can work. There's a lot of potential that can be explored. Sandman, for instance, is drastically different than something like Man of Steel.

Talent and creativity. That's what it really comes down to.