Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thedarknight628 wrote:It's not even a competition lol we should be glad we are getting all of these great comic book movies.
I completely agree, dark. You've humbled a lot of people who claim otherwise. :clap: :clap: Though that comment was just healthy fun. ;)

People have an irrational need to turn everything into a competition. Especially people on the internet.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:People have an irrational need to turn everything into a competition. Especially people on the internet.
That's why we have wars, duh. It's in our genetic code.

Why not April? Winter Soldier cleaned house in that month and I don't think there's anything there currently.

SilverHeart wrote:Why not April? Winter Soldier cleaned house in that month and I don't think there's anything there currently.
Why not March? It gives them elbow room. It's the same situation. There's no reason for them NOT to be in March.

m4st4 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:People have an irrational need to turn everything into a competition. Especially people on the internet.
That's why we have wars, duh. It's in our genetic code.
Hell, if people thought the Crusades were bad, they would have died after seeing the arguments in a YouTube comment section.

SilverHeart wrote:Why not April? Winter Soldier cleaned house in that month and I don't think there's anything there currently.
My guess is, again, Snyder. He's had 300, Sucker Punch and Watchmen in March. So, they all figured - let's do this again, but with more style than ever before!

Reinventing box-office draws isn't a new thing, you just have to be bold enough. New records are hitting every month.

March gives them the whole month of April to crush the B.O

Clearly the people in DC were afraid of the Box Office competition against Cap 3, especially after the big success of The Winter Soldier. Don't forget that X-Men Apocalypse is also on May 2016 and there would be a very stiff competition.

BvS: DoJ would have made more money than Cap 3 anyway, but now it can maximize the amount of money it would make.