Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:No, I thought it meant up yours with the hand around that way.

Other way around it's... uh, peace or a V or something. But that way it's up yours. I think.
Yeah, it's meant as an insult when the palm faces inwards, as she is doing it in that pic. But that's just in the UK and Australia, I think.

ArmandFancypants wrote:No, I thought it meant up yours with the hand around that way.

Other way around it's... uh, peace or a V or something. But that way it's up yours. I think.
I can't believe what I'm reading...

RIFA wrote:

I can't believe what I'm reading...
Well, if someone made that gesture at me my first thought or utterance would typically be "Fuck you too". But I guess I didn't realise it was only a UK/Australia thing. There you go.

Literally the first time I'm hearing about that sign being an insult.

I guess we all now have confirmation that different things have different meanings in different places.

Schoolbus v Headlights: Wrong Turn

Cilogy wrote:Literally the first time I'm hearing about that sign being an insult.

I guess we all now have confirmation that different things have different meanings in different places.
Only when the palm faces inwards.

Cilogy wrote:Literally the first time I'm hearing about that sign being an insult.

4 days and no new post? :P