Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
didich wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:
Mahiya_Borden wrote:WHAT THE FUCK????

Seriously WB? Didn't they watch Daredevil? :facepalm:
Seriously Mahiya? Didn't you watch The Town, Argo, or The Company Men?
Let's be fair here. Affleck is still not a very good actor (imo), much less on the level of someone like Bale (I think this can be said objectively). The same way his acting limitations shouldn't undermine his directorial efforts, his directorial capabilites don't make his acting any better. In Argo he was fine, but only because as a director, he knew his strenghts and didn't show his weaknesses.
:clap:

I think my real problem here is that I've been reading more and more Batman comics lately that deal with the psychology of him/Bruce Wayne. It's not just that I have doubts of his ability to live up to Bale, but that I have doubts that he can even fill the role properly at all, especially after Nolan's trilogy did such a great job of doing so.

Maybe, maybe not, he's damn good in The Town, Argo, and in The Company Men, where he's not directing himself, he is equally as good, he really did a 180, but he was always capable of it.

Having Kevin Smith on his side who's a huge Batman buff will certainly help him too, considering Affleck said he'd never play a superhero again after Daredevil, I'm guessing he's really convinced he can do it right.

Jax_Teller wrote:Maybe, maybe not, he's damn good in The Town, Argo, and in The Company Men, where he's not directing himself, he is equally as good, he really did a 180, but he was always capable of it.

Having Kevin Smith on his side who's a huge Batman buff will certainly help him too, considering Affleck said he'd never play a superhero again after Daredevil, I'm guessing he's really convinced he can do it right.
$$$$$$$$$$$$ 8-)

I must be the only one on these forums who really doesn't care about this movie. Man of Steel was a disappointment, the casting of the new Batman is underwhelming (not atrocious in my opinion, but not exciting either, as is evident by the fan reaction), and we've already gotten our definitive portrayal of Batman with Nolan's films. I've enjoyed Batman from 2005-2012 with Nolan, and now I'm moving on. If this movie happens to get good reviews and good word of mouth with the film community, then that'll just be an added bonus, but I'm certainly not going to dwell on it for the next two years.

Monicabbm wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:Maybe, maybe not, he's damn good in The Town, Argo, and in The Company Men, where he's not directing himself, he is equally as good, he really did a 180, but he was always capable of it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$ 8-)
Probably but not only, Affleck probably has his eye in return on next Batman movies, Justice League.

By the way, saw on the Internet threads about the Ledger announcement as Joker and the reactions are even worse than for Affleck, just shows that history repeats itself :D

DoubleD wrote:The hate for Ben is just unreal. It's a shame he want be given a fair shot at this. No matter what he does, people will say he sucks. I for one however am excited and looking forward to his performance.

I would say I hope he proves you all wrong, but most of you probably wouldn't admit it even if he did.
I already had doubts about this movie, given the writing team. Over his whole career I think Affleck has been wildly inconsistent as an actor, but has also steadily improved in recent years. He screwed up over a decade ago, said "fuck it" and went away from the spotlight. I think he's going to come into this with a massive chip on his shoulder after his past failures and all of the doubts. The more I think about it, the more it seems obvious that he is going to be the one directing the next Batman movie, if not The Justice League. If true, that would clearly increase his investment in getting this performance right. He has said in the past he wasn't sure he had the experience to make big budget movies; working on this sequel would qualify as an opportunity to learn more about it. I don't believe right now he's going to match Bale, but I'm not going to sit here and bitch about it for the next two years and I'm not going to dismiss the possibility he can prove everyone wrong.

Acting aside, affleck needs to start preparing for the inevitable (and probably necessary) doctoring of goyers script. He can work on it when he's not training.

And he needs to stay far away from Kevin smith. The less input from that obese never-was hack the better. They can smoke a bone together after the movie wraps, assuming afleck is still returning smiths calls at this point.
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on August 23rd, 2013, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

affleck just doesn't have pressence which is also why he can barely have depth
he's also very unintense, hence the complaints about his range
also, people using Argo as an example of his capabilities are being misguided

they chose him because he looks good in a suit, can participate in a snappy and energetic chemistry/dynamic between him and clark and most importantly - he can't overshadow cavill

world's finest won't be the problem, the problem will be whatever other movie they do with him as Bruce

Joeyjojo72 wrote:And he needs to stay far away from Kevin smith. The less input from that obese never-was hack the better. They can smoke a bone together after the movie wraps, assuming afleck is still returning smiths calls at this point.
No, Kevin Smith and Ben Affleck haven't seen each other in years, apparently.