HBO's The Night Of

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Appeal to authority. A chorus of consensus might cause people to take a closer look when one opinion, however well argued, may not. It became necessary when multiple members kept drolling on about how off base and miscalculated my reading was.

-Vader
But nobody cares about random people on twitter/reddit because for everyone that agrees with you there are just as many that don't. So it's pointless to bring up. ComptonTerry could go ahead and say "people on twitter agree with me" and he'd be correct. Bringing up a respected critic is one thing but it is funny you only mention one by name.
I only mention other sources when it's consensus. So it's not the same.

-Vader

You're correct Vader, I just realized they needed Dexter... blood spatter analysis, this whole time. That's a huge oversight.

Watching the finale in about ten hours or so, Stranger Things will probably remain No.1 this year though.

m4st4 wrote:You're correct Vader, I just realized they needed Dexter... blood spatter analysis, this whole time. That's a huge oversight.

Watching the finale in about ten hours or so, Stranger Things will probably remain No.1 this year though.

For a year that's so lackluster in terms of cinema, it's a godsend we (at least) have a couple truly quality shows. Including Night of but especially Stranger Things.

-Vader

Little by little, movies are getting better. We'll survive with the help of good old fashioned TV. ;)

An incredible opener and an incredible finale. What came inbetween ranged from solid to very good but when you start and end that great it feels as a whole such a memorable experience.

Allstar wrote:An incredible opener and an incredible finale. What came inbetween ranged from solid to very good but when you start and end that great it feels as a whole such a memorable experience.
I agree. It's interesting, Mr Robot S2 (are you watching that?) is having an oddly different approach. It has all of the padding of a Marvel Series but it front-loaded all of the padding apparently and is slowly getting better and better and better as the season progresses and gaining momentum.

-Vader

I haven't watched. So much apparent great TV out there, I feel I have watched a lot but yet feel so far behind lol.

Allstar wrote:I haven't watched. So much apparent great TV out there, I feel I have watched a lot but yet feel so far behind lol.
Wait you haven't seen Stranger Things? If not - ASAP.

One thing I do find odd is how Chandra's character ends... this episode basically destroyed her, and in the end her an Naz don't even end up together so what the hell was her motivation for kissing him? It did no good to show the tape of them kissing to the judge, in the end they didn't even need a mistrial :? so they just destroyed the life of one of the main characters and made her look like a fool. Just a weird way to end things with her. Not much complaints otherwise I pretty much loved the ending.

ComptonTerry wrote:
One thing I do find odd is how Chandra's character ends... this episode basically destroyed her, and in the end her an Naz don't even end up together so what the hell was her motivation for kissing him? It did no good to show the tape of them kissing to the judge, in the end they didn't even need a mistrial :? so they just destroyed the life of one of the main characters and made her look like a fool. Just a weird way to end things with her. Not much complaints otherwise I pretty much loved the ending.
This is exactly what I mean when I say "contempt for the characters."

-Vader