Roland Emmerich's Lawrence of Arabia

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lawrence of Arabia isn't just one of the most eligible candidates for the best motion picture in the history of cinema, it also epitomizes the greatest triumphs accumulated by classic Hollywood over the many decades of its existence up to that point. It's beyond a question of the hubris in thinking anyone can do the remake of a masterpiece justice, much less one with the earned title 'most epic movie ever made.' Instead, any remake will condemn and ignore the paradigm of the era that forged Lawrence into an ageless classic.

Now, I realize it isn't an actual 'remake' and instead a mini-series found on the same historical account. Even so, for the above stated reasons, this will inevitably be a great injustice, and exactly part of what Steven Soderbergh took serious issue with in his brilliant address.

-Vader

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:A) Who curr

B) David Lean doesn't have everlasting rights to something that actually happened

C) It's been done http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099356/
People are such pussies right?

It's a damn mini-series...

Grow up guys.. you don't have to watch it.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:A) Who curr

B) David Lean doesn't have everlasting rights to something that actually happened

C) It's been done http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099356/
People are such pussies right?

It's a damn mini-series...

Grow up guys.. you don't have to watch it.

Vader182 wrote:Lawrence of Arabia isn't just one of the most eligible candidates for the best motion picture in the history of cinema, it also epitomizes the greatest triumphs accumulated by classic Hollywood over the many decades of its existence up to that point. It's beyond a question of the hubris in thinking anyone can do the remake of a masterpiece justice, much less one with the earned title 'most epic movie ever made.' Instead, any remake will condemn and ignore the paradigm of the era that forged Lawrence into an ageless classic.

Now, I realize it isn't an actual 'remake' and instead a mini-series found on the same historical account. Even so, for the above stated reasons, this will inevitably be a great injustice, and exactly part of what Steven Soderbergh took serious issue with in his brilliant address.

-Vader
If the peeps above me can quote posts they agree with...

gib sigs

Yeah...uh...whatever....could be interesting.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Sandy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Lawrence of Arabia isn't just one of the most eligible candidates for the best motion picture in the history of cinema, it also epitomizes the greatest triumphs accumulated by classic Hollywood over the many decades of its existence up to that point. It's beyond a question of the hubris in thinking anyone can do the remake of a masterpiece justice, much less one with the earned title 'most epic movie ever made.' Instead, any remake will condemn and ignore the paradigm of the era that forged Lawrence into an ageless classic.

-Vader
If the peeps above me can quote posts they agree with...
It really worth the energy it takes to write that rant?

No shit it prob won't be very good. Don't attach it's stink to a fucking classic. Just go on about your day. Grow up. Or waste your time bitching about something you have 0 control over.

Edit: lol I mean I myself and bitching about people's reactions.. something I have no control over :lol:

But I still maintain my point.. nothing can take away from Lawrence of Arabia... unless you guys let this shit somehow do so.
Say Girl

It really worth the energy it takes to write that rant?

No shit it prob won't be very good. Don't attach it's stink to a fucking classic. Just go on about your day. Grow up. Or waste your time bitching about something you have 0 control over.

Edit: lol I mean I myself and bitching about people's reactions.. something I have no control over :lol:

But I still maintain my point.. nothing can take away from Lawrence of Arabia... unless you guys let this shit somehow do so.[/quote]

On the list of my concerns, Roland Emmerich remaking Lawrence of Arabia is somewhere around number 1000 or so. It's just that I do think it is dumb, and reserve the right to comment as such.

Sandy wrote:It really worth the energy it takes to write that rant?

But I still maintain my point.. nothing can take away from Lawrence of Arabia... unless you guys let this shit somehow do so.
On the list of my concerns, Roland Emmerich remaking Lawrence of Arabia is somewhere around number 1000 or so. It's just that I do think it is dumb, and reserve the right to comment as such.[/quote]

Well hell I think it's dumb too. But I mean does that even need to be said? Does it make you feel any better? Maybe some people are looking forward to it.. you gonna tell them they are dumb?

I try to stay out of a thread if all I have to say is this is dumb. You do have the right to comment though.

Anyway Vader was the one with the epic rant not you. I just thought that was so funny.

"inevitably be a great injustice"

It's shit we* watch for entertainment.. not life and death.
Say Girl

Well. Vader just wrote a (very good) post about his feelings in an Internet forum. It's not like if he had attacked Emmerich on the street or decided to bykott Hollywood or something like that, writing a post isn't that big of a consumption of energy. I pretty much agree with everything he said.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.