Macbeth (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
it should, and probably for cheap too cause of the exchange rate

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:it should, and probably for cheap too cause of the exchange rate
I noticed this when I compared the price to the American version. :o :shock:

Yup, a few years ago I had that with the UK. It was actually fucking cheaper to buy something from the UK and ship it across the planet to Australia.

In unrelated news, there's like 1 retailer in Australia selling this shit now!

Question for those who have seen it. As much as I adore this film, I'm not exactly sure what the last scene meant. I saw it in October and I hope to watch it again soon, but I've always remembered Macbeth ending traditionally with Malcolm on the throne inviting everyone to see him be crowned.
I didn't fully understand this new ending (if it has been used in any other adaptation, please let me know) with Banquo's son picking up Macbeth's sword and running away. I don't know what the significance of that is.

BlairCo wrote:Question for those who have seen it. As much as I adore this film, I'm not exactly sure what the last scene meant. I saw it in October and I hope to watch it again soon, but I've always remembered Macbeth ending traditionally with Malcolm on the throne inviting everyone to see him be crowned.
I didn't fully understand this new ending (if it has been used in any other adaptation, please let me know) with Banquo's son picking up Macbeth's sword and running away. I don't know what the significance of that is.
The cycle goes on. Thats the story of kings and power.

BlairCo wrote:Question for those who have seen it. As much as I adore this film, I'm not exactly sure what the last scene meant. I saw it in October and I hope to watch it again soon, but I've always remembered Macbeth ending traditionally with Malcolm on the throne inviting everyone to see him be crowned.
It foreshadows that Fleance will become king eventually through his own means. Like the witches said to Banquo.

Did nothing for me. Couldn't understand a damn word they were saying, and this is coming from a person who read Macbeth quite a few times when I was in school years ago. Maybe I forgot lol, or I just don't feel like this works on the big screen. I didn't care for the fighting or slow-motion effects. Completely unnatural dialogue. Sure, it's Macbeth, but this shouldn't try to act like a novel, especially in conversation. I would have preferred a film adaptation that tries to do something different, I don't care about the purists who want the same vocabulary. Thought it was boring to be honest. Cotillard delivered though. Director did what he could I guess but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Looking forward to this but not going to lie I have a tough time with Shakespeare on screen.

Allstar wrote:Looking forward to this but not going to lie I have a tough time with Shakespeare on screen.
You'll probably hate it. A lot of it is extremely true to the source material.

Bacon wrote:
Allstar wrote:Looking forward to this but not going to lie I have a tough time with Shakespeare on screen.
You'll probably hate it. A lot of it is extremely true to the source material.
I doubt I'll hate it. I really enjoyed Hollow Crown, I just have a tough time with the language translated to screen.