Chappie (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 8047
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse
http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=1281
Tracklist:
It's A Dangerous City (2:09)
The Only Way Out Of This (4:58)
Use Your Mind (4:04)
A Machine That Thinks And Feels (3:03)
Firmware Update (3:52)
Welcome To The Real World (3:52)
The Black Sheep (4:28)
Indestructible Robot Gangster #1 (3:11)
Breaking The Code (4:49)
Rudest Bad Boy In Joburg (2:41)
You Lied To Me (4:06)
Mayhem Downtown (3:57)
The Outside Is Temporary (3:09)
Never Break A Promise (7:43)
We Own This Sky (4:19)
Illest Gangsta On The Block (2:45)

Posts: 3728
Joined: June 2011
I saw two clips, and it looks like a silly version of District 9.

Posts: 19020
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
shauner111 wrote:I saw two clips, and it looks like a silly version of District 9.
Sounds better than D9. It could've used some silly.


-Vader

Posts: 3728
Joined: June 2011
Vader182 wrote:
shauner111 wrote:I saw two clips, and it looks like a silly version of District 9.
Sounds better than D9. It could've used some silly.


-Vader
I dont mean silly as in intentional humor. It just looks dumb and a watered down version of District 9.

Posts: 19020
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
shauner111 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
shauner111 wrote:I saw two clips, and it looks like a silly version of District 9.
Sounds better than D9. It could've used some silly.


-Vader
I dont mean silly as in intentional humor. It just looks dumb and a watered down version of District 9.
Oh, I think it looks terrible. (I hate District 9 and Elysium too)


-Vader

Posts: 5262
Joined: May 2014
District 9 was amazeballs.

Posts: 19020
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:District 9 was amazeballs.
No, it wasn't. It was tonally jarring socialist weapons fetish propaganda that devolved into a run and gun chase movie where the main villain was an inexplicably racist Bono.

Come to think of it, that sounds pretty good. I wish it was.


-Vader

Posts: 42323
Joined: May 2010
Predictions for the RT score for this movie?

I say 19% with plenty of pans for Jackman.

Posts: 19736
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
I think you're all being a little too harsh on this film. I reckon it looks cute and fun. I'll reserve proper judgment until I see it.

Posts: 42323
Joined: May 2010
BlairCo wrote:I think you're all being a little too harsh on this film. I reckon it looks cute and fun. I'll reserve proper judgment until I see it.
I'm not taking my personal opinion into my prediction at all. I just thinks critics have their knives out for Blomkamp.

Post Reply