Chappie (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
But you often seem like you want a film to fail, and that disappoints me. Same goes for a lot of people on here.

I don't. I would be pleased if this surprised (I recently defended Blomkamp doing the Alien movie) but lets be honest when was the last time a studio held an embargo to the day before release and the movie got good reaction?

I don't know if critics have knives out. I'm friends with some famous some a little over my level, and they were all really let down by Elysium and wanted a bounce back. I'm always the person most critical of the guy.

Also, I honestly have no prediction. Hoping for Elysium level.

-Vader

Good News:
I registered for a raffle yesterday to get tickets to a Chappie screening with a Q&A session afterwards and I was sent a confirmation email
Bad News:
The show was filled by the time I tried to claim my free tickets. Now I hope Chappie ends up being a severely bad movie. I hope it gets as much hatred as Norbit from it's critics.

BlairCo wrote:I think you're all being a little too harsh on this film. I reckon it looks cute and fun. I'll reserve proper judgment until I see it.
Im not looking for cute and fun when i go see live-action. At least not that mixture. Cute? Hugh Jackman? Neill Blomkamp? Why?

A film about a child-robot learning about new things that is reminiscent of Pinocchio? It doesn't have to have the brutality that District 9 or Elysium had. Not all R-Rated films have to be violent bloodbaths with no happy ending. I wonder what it's like for you to sit through Pan's Labyrinth, only to find out that it's actually a fairy tale.

Lately people want everything to fail or they say looks horrible. I have been on board with this since the first trailer. I dont get how it looks so bad...

BlairCo wrote:A film about a child-robot learning about new things that is reminiscent of Pinocchio? It doesn't have to have the brutality that District 9 or Elysium had. Not all R-Rated films have to be violent bloodbaths with no happy ending. I wonder what it's like for you to sit through Pan's Labyrinth, only to find out that it's actually a fairy tale.
Watch A.I.. I'm sure it'll be a superior film to this.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:A film about a child-robot learning about new things that is reminiscent of Pinocchio? It doesn't have to have the brutality that District 9 or Elysium had. Not all R-Rated films have to be violent bloodbaths with no happy ending. I wonder what it's like for you to sit through Pan's Labyrinth, only to find out that it's actually a fairy tale.
I have, and the third act blocked me from literally caring about anything in that film.

BlairCo wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
I have, and the third act blocked me from literally caring about anything in that film.
Why?

-Vader