Chappie (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Ehh, I'll save my hype for Elysium.

I have a bad feeling about this.... :?

How come we don't have a thread for this?

I wrote 'Elysium' on my own, but I wrote [a script called] 'Chappie' with Terri [Tatchell, wife and also his co writer on District 9], that was written at the same time. It's like a fundamentally more simple story, a comedy, a heartfelt story, in a science fiction setting. And it's fucking hilarious, it's a really cool film. I can say that with confidence... It's a smaller film, a more esoteric one. It may very well be my next project... It probably will be. But A) I wanna take some time off, and B) you need to know for sure that that's what you're going to do for X number of years. I have another idea for a horror, and for a comedy, but they're way less fleshed out than 'Chappie.' 'Chappie''s ready to go, and I think 'Chappie''s what I'm making. But I'm gonna take some time to make sure.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/neill-b ... on-chappie

As much as I love J.J, Neill Blomkamp IS the future of sci-fi, he seems to me like a young James Cameron...starting his career with two major success (assuming Elysium will be), keeping his integrity, doesn't rely on sequels (Yeah, Cameron is now like that, but remember Terminator sequel took 7 years)...I just love him

I'd love him to do the third Trek, but I think he prefers doing his own stuff and I respect that

Apparently he said recently he still wants to do Halo as well, so that's awesome news.