R.I.P. Roger Ebert

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Roger Ebert loved movies.

Except for those he hated.

For a film with a daring director, a talented cast, a captivating plot or, ideally, all three, there could be no better advocate than Roger Ebert, who passionately celebrated and promoted excellence in film while deflating the awful, the derivative, or the merely mediocre with an observant eye, a sharp wit and a depth of knowledge that delighted his millions of readers and viewers.
http://www.suntimes.com/17320958-761/ro ... ancer.html
gib sigs

Supposedly the full story is there at the link, but it's not working for me. Is it up for anyone else?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The fact that I've subscribed to his Facebook page for a while now and that he posted so much interesting stuff will make me miss him even more.

R.I.P Mr. Ebert.

Allstar wrote:Very sad. Film critic legend. RIP.

I didn't expect this at all. Rest in peace, Ebert.

Fuck. It's real.

R.I.P Mr. Ebert. My love for movies would be nearly nonexistent without first having come in contact with your love of movies.

I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.” -Roger Ebert.