Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 2:38 am

Will Tom Holland be okay?
nah
he broke and homeless
:thumbdown:

Unexpected but not the worst news ever. I also think Disney was trying to get the rights, one deal at a time.

I think solo Spider-Man films should be fine and the prospect of Spider-Man/HardyVenom is exciting imo. Especially now that Serkis/Richardson are on board for Venom 2.

What does it mean for Holland starring in MCU films though?

Nomis wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 4:07 am
What does it mean for Holland starring in MCU films though?
Dude, the deal is off. There is no Spider-Man in the MCU anymore. That was a key part of the deal, so...

It's also questionable if Sony will just continue Spider-Man's story from FFH and follow up on it's cliffhanger, or if they soft-reboot Hollands's Spider-Man and ignore prior movies completely. The latter would be dumb, but it's Sony we're talking about...

LEXX wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 2:46 am
Good! Time to hang up the live action Spidey movies. There's already been 7 it's the same shit over and over again just like every MCU movies. Sam Raimi first and second is still the best live action Spidey version even though he fucked up Gwen Stacey story line. Bring me the Spiderverse movies Sony. Fuck Disney/Marvel you greedy shit. Not a single MCU movies can even hold a candle to Spiderman 2, Spiderverse, X2, X-men DOFP and Logan. Capt Winter Soldier is what come close.

time for a live action spiderverse?

Disney did this to themselves for being money-hungry and people are actively attacking Sony for standing up for themselves.

But isn't Disney wanting more money also understandable considering the success of the latest Spider-Man movies was Marvel's doing and not Sony's?

I'm not sure with which company to side tbh

I'm sure Disney would be fine moneywise if they kept the current deal going.

Dobson wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 12:46 pm
It's also questionable if Sony will just continue Spider-Man's story from FFH and follow up on it's cliffhanger, or if they soft-reboot Hollands's Spider-Man and ignore prior movies completely. The latter would be dumb, but it's Sony we're talking about...
Sony isn't always dumb tho lol

It's not like Disney can't do anything wrong and considering how this "deal" they basically lost Spider-Man in their MCU films lol

I'm all for more solo Spider-Man films. He's a rich enough character with great stories. It would be nice if they'd just continue with Holland. I don't want to lose Zendaya as MJ lol