Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
disney bots will never step up against big rodent. even after netflix news, people were blaming them instead of disney. what were they expecting netflix to do? keep making shows which will serve as ads for for their competitor's platform?

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 6:45 pm
Yeah I feel the MCU obligatory checkbox references are weighing down these Spider-Man movies. I really don’t think it’s a big problem to go on their own.
While I liked that it was integral to some MCU characters, I'd be more than fine if they'd focus more on their own, not so much the MCU.

The Holland/Zendaya chemistry is real. If they'd get rid off Favreau them that's good too.

Spider-Man Far From Home spoiler:
no idea how they're going to handle Peter's identity now being out in the open but okay

Nomis wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 6:13 am
While I liked that it was integral to some MCU characters, I'd be more than fine if they'd focus more on their own, not so much the MCU.

The Holland/Zendaya chemistry is real. If they'd get rid off Favreau them that's good too.

Spider-Man Far From Home spoiler:
no idea how they're going to handle Peter's identity now being out in the open but okay
I'm pretty sure that's a loose end that will never get tied up. That's it, end of story. I was really looking forward to where they will take the story after revealing Spider-Man's identity to the public, but I think we will never see that happen.

Yeah I guess? That is, if Sony and Disney will never come to an agreement anymore or until Disney has bought Sony lol (which I hope doesn't happen)

Holland has apparently unfollowed Sony and Official Spider-Man page on Instagram. Lol

lol

Amidst all of this shitshow, I actually feel for Holland. No, he won’t be poor and homeless, but I doubt it’s the direction he wanted to go either. He seemed to be really excited to be a part of MCU.

it's just so unexpected

Master Virgo wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 6:42 am
Holland has apparently unfollowed Sony and Official Spider-Man page on Instagram. Lol
Poor guy. Don't believe he's beyond recasting, this whole thing rebooting - again - even at this point. His agents should've consulted first.