Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Never leave us again Demoph. We (or rather Ruth and I) love you bb.

Artemis wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Never leave us again Demoph. We (or rather Ruth and I) love you bb.
Thank you so very much Ruth and Artemis! But it isn't so much Scorsese's comments than the fact that I have a new computer that brought me back. I must say three months without computer was a nice break. I still read some comments on my phone, but didn't reply.

So has the MCU managed to survive its greatest nemesis, Martin Scorsese, the man who went out of his way to stab the MCU in the heart by calling it a 'theme park'-like experience instead of a cinematic one?

Between MCU fans making a fool out of themselves by attacking Marty, rabid dogs DC fans barking at critics who have given Joker unfavourable reviews and SW fans gearing up for pulling the troll move of the century on Skywalker everywhere on the internet, nerddoms are sure having quite a year so far.

The disgusting sections of fandoms that is.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 8:56 am
Between MCU fans making a fool out of themselves by attacking Marty, rabid dogs DC fans barking at critics who have given Joker unfavourable reviews and SW fans gearing up for pulling the troll move of the century on Skywalker everywhere on the internet, nerddoms are sure having quite a year so far.

The disgusting sections of fandoms that is.
Lol; what are Star Wars fans doing? I’m out of the loop.

I think the question is: what are star wars fans NOT doing?

Robert Downey Jr. on Scorsese’s criticism of Marvel movies

“I’ll tell you the truth, I didn’t expect [the Marvel Cinematic Universe] to become what it became and it is this very large, multi-headed Hydra at this point,” Downey told Stern at the start of the clip, which was released on YouTube early October 7. “I’ve always had other interests, and according to Scorsese, it’s not cinema so I have to take a look at that, you know?”

Stern then asked the Iron Man actor to share his thoughts on Scorsese, who recently likened Marvel movies to “theme parks”. “It’s his opinion. I mean, well, it plays in theatres,” Downey replied.

He continued, “I appreciate his opinion because I think, it’s like anything, we need all of the different perspectives so we can come to centre and move on.” Downey later added that though he wasn’t offended by Scorsese’s claims, saying Marvel movies were not cinema “makes no sense”. “It’ll be like saying Howard Stern isn’t radio,” he said.

Downey also believed that Scorsese’s remarks weren’t fuelled by any sort of jealousy. “Of course not, he’s Martin Scorsese,” the actor told Stern. “By the way, there’s a lot to be said about how these genre movies — and I was happy to be a part of the ‘problem’, if there is one — denigrated the art form of cinema. When you come in like a stomping beast and you eliminate the competition in such a demonstrative way, it’s phenomenal.”

While the MCU movies won in terms of dominating popular culture, Last Temptation of Christ is cinema in a way that none of these superhero movies will ever be.

Batfan175 wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 7:03 am
While the MCU movies won in terms of dominating popular culture, Last Temptation of Christ is cinema in a way that none of these superhero movies will ever be.
Oh, hi Martin. Nice to see you on these forums. Have you ever seen The Dark Knight?

Batfan175 wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 7:03 am
Godfather is at least two times better than X-Men: Apocalypse.

This also applies to Godfather 2. It's so much better than X-Men: Apocalypse.