Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
unsubscribe

Wanda Vision and Thor 4 are the only ones currently peaking my interest. The rest I might watch eventually if it gets great reviews but otherwise I'm gonna say that i'm gonna keep being very selective with the kind of superhero stuff I watch, since they are being made right now all year round and fatigue set in in 2013 for me.

My Batfan fatigue set in around that time too

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:45 pm

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:45 pm
Cool and just like me you'll learn to live with your fatigue forever.

I'd be surprised if there won't be a Spidey film for July 2021. Sony doesn't really have much else these days.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 1:02 pm
I'd be surprised if there won't be a Spidey film for July 2021. Sony doesn't really have much else these days.
Well, they have Venom 2, Morbius and Kraven all in the works. But S-M3 makes sense for 2021. It's been a two year gap between HC and FFH and they can only wait so long before the stars clearly outgrow the teenage vibe of the movies. Jacob Batalon already looked too old to be in high school in the last one.

Ace
Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige won’t produce any further Spider-Man films because of an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms that would have given the former a co-financing stake going forward. A dispute that has taken place over the past few months at the top of Disney and Sony has essentially nixed Feige, and the future involvement of Marvel from the Spider-Man universe, sources said.

Sources said there are two more Spider-Man films in the works that are meant to have director Jon Watts and Tom Holland front and center. Unless something dramatic happens, Feige won’t be the lead creative producer of those pictures.

There is a lot of webbing here, but it all comes down to money, and it’s easy to understand why both sides refused to give ground. Disney asked that future Spider-Man films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios, and there were discussions that this might extend to other films in the Spider-Man universe. Sony turned that offer down flat, and I don’t believe they even came back to the table to figure out a compromise. Led by Tom Rothman and Tony Vinciquerra, Sony just simply didn’t want to share its biggest franchise. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. Disney refused.
https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-feig ... 72545/amp/
Last edited by Ace on August 20th, 2019, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dude...

I didn't even like Far From Home that much but this is terrible news. :shock:

Woah. I know most people are gonna jump on the "Sony is dumb" bandwagon, but it looks to me like Disney was trying to be greedy.