Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
‘Avengers: Endgame’ Finally Conquers King of The World James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ To Becoming The Highest Grossing Film Of All-Time

Marvel Boss Kevin Feige made it official today at the studio’s Comic-Con panel that Avengers: Endgame is clicking past Avatar‘s $2,789.7B billion global box office this weekend to become the biggest film of all-time at the box office. It took nine years, but it finally happened. There is currently a gap of $500K in global ticket sales between Avatar and Endgame and the latter will click past that tomorrow.

“Thanks to you, Avengers: Endgame is the biggest film of all-time,” Feige told Hall H at the top of the Marvel panel.
https://deadline.com/2019/07/avengers-e ... 202649741/

Good job Disney movie. You beat that other Disney movie.

Oku
So half theatrical releases, half Disney+ streaming.

I wonder what their criteria is on how they decide which characters get movies and which characters get Disney+.

Also curious to see how they can juggle all of this, what with the fact that they said that they ignored the MCU shows because it was already too much work to just keep the movie canon in line, but I guess that this means that they cracked the solution?

Oku wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 10:31 pm
So half theatrical releases, half Disney+ streaming.

I wonder what their criteria is on how they decide which characters get movies and which characters get Disney+.

Also curious to see how they can juggle all of this, what with the fact that they said that they ignored the MCU shows because it was already too much work to just keep the movie canon in line, but I guess that this means that they cracked the solution?
Yeah these new shows are produced directly by Marvel Studios afaik

Oku
Yeah, they were MCU in name only, which is what makes these new shows so interesting; not even airing on a channel, but exclusively online streaming.

That Mr. Feige is allowing the Marvel Studios stamp that he's so carefully cultivated to be put on them speaks volumes of their quality already.

Either Phase Four is unusually short at only two years, or they're withholding information on Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, &c. Which is it?

Geoffrey wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:01 am
Either Phase Four is unusually short at only two years, or they're withholding information on Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, &c. Which is it?
Feige literaly said BP2, CM2, GotG3, FF4 and ‘mutants’ are coming, so this is clearly just 2020 and 2021. And Sony is the one to announce Spidey 3.

m4st4 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 2:51 am
Geoffrey wrote:
Feige literaly said BP2, CM2, GotG3, FF4 and ‘mutants’ are coming, so this is clearly just 2020 and 2021. And Sony is the one to announce Spidey 3.
Did they not also announce a new X-Men reboot? I feel it's a little early, I'd have preferred they'd wait for phase 5... Hope they'll confirm McAdams and Eljiofor soon for Strange 2. Really excited to see if Zhao and Cretton can have their voice heard in this big franchise thing.

Demoph wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 3:05 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 2:51 am
Geoffrey wrote:
Did they not also announce a new X-Men reboot? I feel it's a little early, I'd have preferred they'd wait for phase 5... Hope they'll confirm McAdams and Eljiofor soon for Strange 2. Really excited to see if Zhao and Cretton can have their voice heard in this big franchise thing.
‘Mutants’? And 2022 seems just about right no? That’s three plus years from now.