True 10/10 films

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Post Reply
Posts: 6080
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
We rate movies in the "last movie you watched" thread, and I see a lot of 9/10's, 8/10's, etc. I want a thread to inspire discussion, most likely passionate, about true, undisputable 10/10's. The pinnacle of the art. If you wish, leave a description of why you feel the movie is that way. I'm simply going to post a list of four films I feel are true 10's and get this party started.

1. Lawrence of Arabia

2. Andrei Rublev/Stalker (ok...5 films that I think are 10's)

3. Seven Samurai

4. Schindler's List (this one could potentially be debatable. Read Haneke and some other foreign filmmakers views on Spielberg)

Keep this thread serious. If for some reason you can't, then it is your fault when this site is filled with trash posts, gifs, and smilies. For those of you that love good film, let it rip. Debate my four choices and add in some of your own. Again, this is only for the films that you believe is a TRUE 10/10 on as objective of a scale as you feel possible.

I look forward to reading your picks and discussion.

Posts: 20369
Joined: June 2010
The Prestige

Posts: 11410
Joined: August 2010
Location: Texas
Man good thread.

Um I'm gonna go with Boogie Nights and Pulp Fiction to start. I find both films flawless. Momento as well. Oh and Brokeback Mountain.

This is a thread I will post more in later when I feel like typing :lol: 8-)

Oh wait not suppose to use those.

Posts: 15994
Joined: June 2011
Location: North Carolina
the room
ON OPPOSITE DAY'

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posts: 6080
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:the room
ON OPPOSITE DAY'

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Just because your threads get locked don't mess with mine.

Posts: 9002
Joined: March 2011
12 Angry Men is flawless.

Posts: 3643
Joined: January 2011
Location: Stuck in the lounge area
Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List.


And while were on the whole "true 10/10" thing going on here, I just like to add as a side note that Citizen Kane is overrated.

Posts: 8282
Joined: May 2012
Location: The Island, NY
Alien (1979)
Toy Story
Inception

Posts: 41836
Joined: May 2010
Inception

Posts: 6080
Joined: June 2012
Location: Colorado
DreamPolice wrote:Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List.


And while were on the whole "true 10/10" thing going on here, I just like to add as a side note that Citizen Kane is overrated.
I disagree on Kane. It's cliche because it invented them. Suitable pick with Saving Private Ryan.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:12 Angry Men is flawless.
This is another one that could really be added and discussed. One of the best American directors and American actors firing on all cylinders.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:The Prestige
Peace wrote:Man good thread.
Boogie Nights Pulp Fiction. Memento as well. Brokeback Mountain.
:lol: 8-)

Oh wait not suppose to use those.
Red Hood wrote:Alien (1979)
Toy Story
Inception
These are potential picks that I personally feel lack that unnameable x factor that propels a film into legendary status. I'd like to hear from both of you guys why you feel they have that x factor.

Post Reply