The Fault in Our Stars (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:
Ruth wrote: I haven't seen the movie, nor have I read the book, but these claims are sorta idiotic. There are all kinds of people in our wide world and not everyone's lives are followed by a bunch of stereotypes.
Well, I'll try to sound, or be, less idiotic next time :P It was just how I felt watching it.
Just so you know - I didn't call you an idiot. If it sounded like that - I'm sorry. I was just pointing out how meaningless this sort of stereotype sounded.
I know. To both things you said.

Eh. I know a good portion of people with similar personalities and looks as Augustus, and more than a few waited until college to lose their virginity. Being an amputee is not only a sexual turn-off for obvious psychological reasons, but it can also seriously affect the sexual confidence of the afflicted.

Also, at least in the book, Augustus is billed as a heavy romantic. It'd be pretty out of character for him to just randomly fuck some teenage chick, even if he was easily capable of it.

Was I the only one who thought Augustus was kind of annoying? I just found him to be a bit cocky, lol. Still a great film though.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:Was I the only one who thought Augustus was kind of annoying? I just found him to be a bit cocky, lol. Still a great film though.
A little bit.

Crazy 8 I haven't read the book, but as usual with books to movies this also seems condensed. I felt they kinda rushed through it, like it needed some more time to get where are these characters coming from.

Best part of the movie was Afasi & Filthy
8-) 8-)

Pratham wrote:Image