O. Russell & Lawrence set for 'The Ends of the Earth'

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Guys, this is not a legitimate source.

I would like to see Bale keep working with O. Russell as much as the next guy but I ain't getting excited yet.

Allstar wrote:Guys, this is not a legitimate source.

I would like to see Bale keep working with O. Russell as much as the next guy but I ain't getting excited yet.
Let me have some fun lol
Say Girl

I hope Bale does it (Come on, Russell! Convince Bale!) because goddamn... the script is AMAZING. With Weinstein backing it up, I'm confident that Lawrence and Bale would get Lead Oscar nods (and maybe even a win).

TalkOnCorners wrote:I hope Bale does it (Come on, Russell! Convince Bale!) because goddamn... the script is AMAZING. With Weinstein backing it up, I'm confident that Lawrence and Bale would get Lead Oscar nods (and maybe even a win).
Best Actor? It's that good, huh? My interest in this movie has just skyrocketed. :twothumbsup:

Would be great if Bale was cast. When will they even have the opportunity to film this? Doesn't Lawrence still have the X-Men movie and a couple of Hunger Games left to film? When are those set to shoot?

Earlier this year, on the final day of Oscar voting, February 19, the Weinstein Co. issued a press release announcing a new film titled The Ends of the Earth with a screenplay from Chris Terrio (Argo). So far, so good. Everything is true, but the truth begins to take a different shape after that...

The release said Silver Linings Playbook director David O. Russell was attached to direct the project with Jennifer Lawrence attached to star. Included in the release was a quote from Russell that read, "She is the most dedicated person I know. She is devoted to her family, and they have been the true inspiration for her... Her acting is effortless, and she always makes it look easy."

Now read that quote again, notice anything? Such as, there is no mention of the movie Russell and Lawrence will apparently make together.

Word floating around is Russell never intended to make the film as director or otherwise, though THR reached out to Russell's agents who say he is still considering it. This very well may be true and they simply took the opportunity to use his "consideration" to get a few kind words for Lawrence in the press. It worked.

Also reporting on the story is Kris Tapley at HitFix who writes, "[During Oscar season] Terrio was making it clear to journalists that he had no knowledge of any of it and hadn't even met Russell." Tapley also adds, "A few months back, before the release hit, my own source said Russell wasn't interested because he 'didn't want to do another incest movie.'" Obviously referring to Russell's debut feature, Spanking the Monkey.

One time Variety writer, Josh Dickey, who now works for TMZ took to Twitter to say, "I turned in a deeply sourced column day after Oscars about Weinstein/Affleck awards rivalry/2013 shenanigans, but Variety editors killed it... At the time, multiple sources close to ENDS OF THE EARTH said David O. Russell announcement was TOTAL bogus. Not that it wasn't obvious."

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/how-harvey ... of-voting/
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Well played, Harvey. Well played. :judge: