Blackhat (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's been nearly four years since Michael Mann last directed a film, but the wait for his next project may be over: The "Public Enemies" director has attached himself to helm an untitled thriller for Legendary Pictures with Chris Hemsworth attached to star.

Mann had been developing the project for over a year, co-writing the script with Morgan Davis Foehl, who is also penning "Mass Effect" for Legendary. Plot details are unknown, other than that the film takes place in a world of cyber threats and attacks.

Thomas Tull, Mann and Jon Jashni will produce with Alex Garcia exec producing.

The CAA-repped Mann had most recently produced "Witness" and was the exec producer on HBO's "Luck" but has not helmed a film since Universal's "Public Enemies" in 2009.

Mann has since been linked to a handful of films, including "Gold," which had Christian Bale circling; and the racing pic "Go Like Hell" for Fox. None ever came to fruition.

Though Mann has shown range in other genres like "The Insider" and "Ali," he has made a name for himself tackling films set in a world of cops and criminals like "Heat" and "Collateral." New project would seem to fit that mold.

With "Robopocalypse" being delayed and things moving slowly on the sequel to "Snow White and the Huntsman," Hemsworth had been figuring out what to do next. He's attached to the Warner Bros. adventure "In the Heart of the Sea," which Ron Howard is circling.

WB very much wants to make "In the Heart of the Sea" but doesn't think it would be able to get production started until fall. Plan is to shoot the Mann pic in June before that and then jump into "In the Heart of the Sea" after.

The CAA and ROAR-repped Hemsworth can be seen next in "Rush," directed by Howard, which opens Sept. 20 followed by Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" which bows Nov. 8.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118066230/

Hemsworth continues to rise. 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Suck it haters. :wave:

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Hemsworth continues to rise. 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Suck it haters. :wave:
Suck what?

Mann. Sold.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Mann. Sold.
x10000000
Why you lurking my page brah?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Hemsworth continues to rise. 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap:
His last films were snow white, and Red Dawn. Rise?! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Durden wrote:

lol but seriously Hems hasn't shown us anything special really. but he is solid-ish
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:
RyanRises wrote:
Mann. Sold.
x10000000

Oh, no Mann. He can't act. Never. :sick:
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Durden wrote:
in terms of his career.

and: snow white while not a masterpiece was a good movie and consolidated his rising star power. red dawn was shot in 2009 before Thor came along in Hemsworth's career.

JohnConstantine wrote:
Durden wrote: His last films were snow white, and Red Dawn. Rise?! :sick: :sick: :sick:
in terms of his career.

and: snow white while not a masterpiece was a good movie and consolidated his rising star power. red dawn was shot in 2009 before Thor came along in Hemsworth's career.
Snow White was good to prove that he's one of the worst actors of today.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist