Blackhat (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
since ive made this a surrogate official Michael Mann thread, i wanted to share I was invited back to OneHeatMinute productions for a Last 12 Minutes of the Mohicans Podcast. We open comparing Mohicans to Dunkirk, you guys will love it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/o ... 1274489817

-Vader

Miami Vice is the most romantic film in the history of film I will not be taking questions at this time

-Vader

:lol:

Can't get enough of Vader's fanboyism for Mann.

Going to ban Vader for bringing up Miami Vice in the Blackhat thread.

Vader182 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 3:15 pm
Miami Vice is the most romantic film in the history of film I will not be taking questions at this time

-Vader
The secret sauce is called Audioslave and yes. Although I'd argue Last of the Mohicans bro.

I am very excited to share I've written an essay on Mann's '06 Miami Vice for Vague Visages:

https://vaguevisages.com/2020/04/10/mov ... iami-vice/

Pretty proud of this one. If anyone reads it would love their feedback.

PS, I dive into the whole movie so if you haven't seen it, don't read it.

-Vader

I have never seen Miami Vice...the admiration you have for it makes me think it might be time.

Durden wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 3:19 pm
I have never seen Miami Vice...the admiration you have for it makes me think it might be time.
if you do, go in expecting it to be an art-house blockbuster that's basically late period Malick with speedboats

I also forgot to mention, I'll be a guest on the upcoming podcast "Miami Nice" co-hosted by Blake Howard and Katie Walsh. It's by the One Heat Minute folks.

PS: to anyone who plans to watch Miami Vice, make sure you watch the theatrical version which jumps right into the club. The director's cut is actually worse.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 4:21 pm
Durden wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 3:19 pm
if you do, go in expecting it to be an art-house blockbuster that's basically late period Malick with speedboats

I also forgot to mention, I'll be a guest on the upcoming podcast "Miami Nice" co-hosted by Blake Howard and Katie Walsh. It's by the One Heat Minute folks.

PS: to anyone who plans to watch Miami Vice, make sure you watch the theatrical version which jumps right into the club. The director's cut is actually worse.

-Vader
There's a director's cut?? :shock: :shock:

The director's cut is the one on blu-ray. It has a completely different (way worse) opening, and it reshuffles the editing here or there. It sorta hurts the vibe. And this movie is like 80% vibe.

-Vader