American Sniper (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Set a SuperBowl weekend all-time record. Currently at $316,242,000. Cooper is piling the cash right now as the executive producer. 8-) The movie has no signs of slowing down in terms of box-office appeal.

Cooper stays winnin' confirmed

m4st4 wrote:I believe the guy is a troll but in case he's simply retarted as his regularly entertaining posts - handpicked cherries from European cinema easily piss napalm on Eastwood's 'direction' in American Sniper. It's an auto-pilot entertainment for dull people who believe patriotic ptsp is still a potent ground - I've seen plenty of that in my own country and it's not working.
I find it fascinating that an individual who has never met me, never examined me, never reviewed my medical history or records, knows nothing about my family history, could make a diagnosis from miles away, are you a doctor? & That man did lot for our county, and he should have gotten more then a movie, have you ever served for anything? he gave his life trying to help people .

Dodd wrote:Set a SuperBowl weekend all-time record. Currently at $316,242,000. Cooper is piling the cash right now as the executive producer. 8-) The movie has no signs of slowing down in terms of box-office appeal.

Cooper stays winnin' confirmed
That is great news .

Great news for Cooper, who was the best thing about the film.

NapoleonSolo wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I believe the guy is a troll but in case he's simply retarted as his regularly entertaining posts - handpicked cherries from European cinema easily piss napalm on Eastwood's 'direction' in American Sniper. It's an auto-pilot entertainment for dull people who believe patriotic ptsp is still a potent ground - I've seen plenty of that in my own country and it's not working.
I find it fascinating that an individual who has never met me, never examined me, never reviewed my medical history or records, knows nothing about my family history, could make a diagnosis from miles away, are you a doctor? & That man did lot for our county, and he should have gotten more then a movie, have you ever served for anything? he gave his life trying to help people .
Well, I've red your posts, for starters. As for 'serving anything', my whole family served my country - for four bloody years (father even more) so that my entire generation, and those after it, can live in a free country today - he was twenty one at the time. I presume you've never been in a warzone am I correct? Well I have, as a four year old; we had airplanes sweeping above us, we had snipers nearby, one nasty crater in front of our house, neighbours and supposed friends turning their heads, living in shelters was a reality, truly ugly times.

But why are we talking about war heroes? I thought this is a movie forum... and movie at hand is one mediocre, merely passable movie.

M4, let it go bro.

Pratham wrote:M4, let it go bro.

antovolk wrote:
this was pretty great

also i liked the movie. was pretty cool.

It saddens me that this has grossed over $392.9 million.