American Sniper (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Echovoid_52 wrote:I love America and I love a lot of American War films, I'm quickly learning, If you criticize this movie on social media, this is the reaction you get:

I love this country as well, but oversensitivity is a very big thing here. Any criticism, even if well-reasoned, is met with instant hate. It's indicative of how fragile the "American ego" is.

Echovoid_52 wrote:I love America and I love a lot of American War films, I'm quickly learning, If you criticize this movie on social media, this is the reaction you get:

Kind of reminds me of the reaction you get around here when you criticize a Chris Nolan film.

I think we're getting better on that front.

This 'movie' however... Whoever thinks it's a proper work of art, american cinema, deserves nothing better than those YouTube comment sections, first spot.

NapoleonSolo wrote:It's the right reaction ,our troops sacrifice a lot for us .
If we care about are troops so much we shouldn't be supporting a shitty film that doesn't do justice to them and instead revels in myth, wartime machismo, and the facade of war. People aren't being patriotic for supporting it, just the opposite I'd say. I just rewatched "The Deer Hunter" last night. THAT's a film that's truly a heartfelt letter to veterans and gets to the heart of how difficult coming home can be.

Not so sure I agree with him calling our government a criminal enterprises, but I found this video pretty interesting:

Echovoid_52 wrote:
NapoleonSolo wrote:It's the right reaction ,our troops sacrifice a lot for us .
If we care about are troops so much we shouldn't be supporting a shitty film that doesn't do justice to them and instead revels in myth, wartime machismo, and the facade of war. People aren't being patriotic for supporting it, just the opposite I'd say. I just rewatched "The Deer Hunter" last night. THAT's a film that's truly a heartfelt letter to veterans and gets to the heart of how difficult coming home can be.
Chris Kyle Was Patriotic representing ,the U.S this film deserves all the accolades . I have my opinion and you have your's .

m4st4 wrote:I think we're getting better on that front.

This 'movie' however... Whoever thinks it's a proper work of art, american cinema, deserves nothing better than those YouTube comment sections, first spot.
Vice President Biden Loved it . American Cinema Really ? Name one film from your part of the world that was better then this film .

NapoleonSolo wrote:

Vice President Biden Loved it . American Cinema Really ? Name one film from your part of the world that was better then this film .
Are you serious... is this guy serious? :lol:

NapoleonSolo wrote:

:eh: ?

I believe the guy is a troll but in case he's simply retarted as his regularly entertaining posts - handpicked cherries from European cinema easily piss napalm on Eastwood's 'direction' in American Sniper. It's an auto-pilot entertainment for dull people who believe patriotic ptsp is still a potent ground - I've seen plenty of that in my own country and it's not working.