What Was the Last Episode of TV You Watched

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
You mean all of James Purefoy...
for real though, it's a great series

Nomis wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 6:50 pm
You mean all of James Purefoy...
guilty as charged

and that lipstick gif remains one of the very best gifs ever

Nomis wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 7:04 pm

and that lipstick gif remains one of the very best gifs ever
also Ruth obviously remains one of the best gilfs ever
which stands for girl I'd like to befriend, you sick bastard

Nistopher Colon wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 8:46 am
also Ruth obviously remains one of the best gilfs ever
which stands for girl I'd like to befriend, you sick bastard
aw love you too, my sweet little troll

Watched The Terror since I can't get enough of Jared Harris ever since Chernobyl. I think I need to start watching more cheerful stuff at some point, lol, if I can do such a thing anymore that is.

Good Omens

This was a pretty fun-hearted series. It offered a really funny and insightful commentary on humanity’s relationship with religion. I like that it does poke fun at Christianity without being nasty or mean — It entertains important spiritual questions and whether good and bad forces exist. Ultimately, it was about optimism and hope for humanity.

Crowley-Aziraphale friendship dynamic was great. It was so awesome to see their friendship evolve over their six thousand years on earth. Also, incompetent satanic nuns was a nice touch.

First season of Rome done. Amazing stuff. I do think the pacing is pretty speedy overall, the season covers a big number of events throughout the years (heard S2 is an even worse “offender” of that due to the unfortunate canceling which sucks), so it does feel like it jumps around a bit too hastily from time to time. It also doesn’t always follow through with the consequences of certain events, like Caesar being cornered into a situation that feels like an imminent failure, yet ending up winning with no further explanation, and it’s left at that. But those are honestly my minor gripes. Because I love most of the rest. I love the authenticity of that world, the ridiculous and horny ancient graffiti, the religion, the everyday Roman life, how basically everyone is literally just taking rounds fucking each other which is equal parts awkward and hysterical. I LOVE looove the cast. While the show isn’t really a character study, and some do deserve more attention and screen time, the characterization of everyone and the shared chemistry between people is amazing and I love it. It’s one of the serious highlights for me, and I could sing praises about it for hours, even if I have a massive hate boner for some characters. I love how morally gray and shady everyone is, you almost catch yourself rooting for someone until you can't anymore, because no one is too far from turning pretty despicable.
I fucking HATE Servilia though holy shit lmao. I don’t know if that was intentional, and idk if that makes me an asshole, because I do feel sympathetic for her humiliation. But uuuuughhhhhh. Her whole shtick of “opposing Caesar’s politics” like no shit. Bitch you know that ain’t true!! The only reason she turned on him was the fact Caesar decided to stop fishing in her pond lmao. So positioning herself as this sudden political player, harping about saving the republic from a tyrant was so incredibly disingenuous it immediately made me hate her. There isn’t any historical proof (afaik) that Servilia was in any way part of the assassination plot, so her sort of setting this up and (in the show) being the person who ultimately kickstarts the process is even worse. There’s a ton of fiction (which I don’t mind), so I’m sort of looking at these characters with that in mind, and not referencing actual history too much at this point. So... she basically pressed her indecisive, morally conflicted only son into killing his father figure, thus dooming himself in the future too, because she was a bitter old hag who stopped getting dick. This is so sad, but also hilarious, but I'm also angry :lol: Also, I feel like she (via writers) unintentionally gives into the stereotype that women are incapable of escaping their emotions in their decision making, so they can only be motivated by men, especially their love/lust for men.

Oh I also have a feeling I’ll hate Cleopatra too lmao.
All in all, this is great and I feel bad for not having seen it earlier. Some of the one liners are worthy of going straight to my personal petty insult vocabulary. *2000 year old spoilers!* The killing of Caesar was incredible. There's some dumb shit going on, some shots or editing choices that feel a tad dated, but I’m overall really impressed with this. This truly paved the way for shows like Game of Thrones, and it’s sad it apparently suffered for that. I also love, and that might be disagreed with, how the show doesn't try to insert a voice of modernist human rights in it. Yes, it's uncomfortable, and it kind of takes a bit for you to get used to, but there's an element of authenticity of not trying to judge a several thousand years old history by the standarts of this century. Shit, I hate how long my rambling can go on. Onto season 2 now, thanks for coming to my TED talk

Yeah Rome is pretty damn good TV. I loved the second season as well, I wonder what you're going to think of it.

About Servillia though, couldn't agree more :lol:

I just loved Hinds as Caesar. Walker owns the screen too imo. It's just such a great cast and I love the aesthetic of the show. I know it won't happen but I would just love it if HBO would revive it.

S1 Person of Interest episodes 18-19